We've had a really fun and busy week and its all catching up with me now and I feel like I haven't slept for a week. We had a big family reunion all week with my moms extended family. (Heather, we missed you guys!) We went boating on Tuesday up at Jordanelle Resevoir and had such a great time. I hate the fact that the last few times I've been boating have been while I've been pregnant. Halle & I did go on a somewhat mellow tube ride which Halle loved every second of. I also took her for a ride on the Wave Runners and she even tried water skiing. She didn't exactly make it up, but I was SO proud of her for trying it. Maybe next time she'll be able to do it. I wish I'd had my camera cause it was so dang cute watching her try it. Aidan liked the boat ride but HATED wearing a life jacket. He loved playing in the sand and splashing in the water with all the kids. It was a really fun day at the beach.






Wednesday we got up early in the morning and went to the parade. Tucker's mom and dad got there really early to save us some seats so we had a little bit of shade. It was super hot and it seemed twice as long as it has in the past! But we came home with so much candy we decided we'd save it for a few months so we wouldn't have to buy Halloween candy. Halle loved watching the floats with the princesses on them and the cheerleaders. Aidan had such a good time sitting on the curb with his grandpa and cousins. I was really mad cause I only got a few pictures before the parade started and then my battery died. UGH! I hate that!




After the parade we went up to Park City where my family reunion was still going on. We played some games with everyone and then decided to go up to the Alpine Slide. Halle & Tucker went on the Alpine Coaster while Aidan and I ate a Snowie and walked around until they were done.
We missed the firework show that we usually go to cause we ended up staying the night in Park City but we saw a few from the deck of the lodge we were staying at. (still no camera!) Thursday we went shopping at the outlet mall before heading home.
Thursday night was my 10 year high school reunion! A bunch of my girl friends all went together and let our husbands off the hook...they were very grateful! It was really fun to see so many people after so long! It was a fun night reminiscing and catching up with everyone (still no camera!) and then the 5 of us girls went and got Cold Stone ice cream after. It was a fun night! I'm glad we decided to go, even though I don't recommend going to a reunion like that when you're pregnant!
Last night, Tucker & I took the kids to the drive-in theater to see Ratatouille! We put the kids in their jammies and pilled in their pillows and blankets and they loved it. It was such a cute and funny movie! Aidan crashed about half way through it and Halle actually stayed awake for the whole thing. We left around 11:30 and Halle fell asleep on the way home and didn't wake up until about 10:30 this morning! Clearly the lack of sleep all week has finally caught up to her!
I took the kids swimming today with my sister, while Tucker caught up on some work. We ran into Halle's friend, Bailey and her dad. Halle was really excited to have a friend to play with. Halle also loved that my sister was there to take her on the water slide since I can't go with her. They went a few times and then Amy talked her into going by herself while she waited at the bottom to catch her. She climbed all the way up by herself and then decided she was too scared to go alone. Luckily, Bailey and her dad showed up after a couple minutes and Brett was a good sport to take both girls down with him. (finally got my camera back!)



Tonight was yet another reunion. This time with Tucker's family. The kids had lots of fun playing in the giant bounce house, playing frisbee, playing some really fun water games that turned into a big water fight, and eating yummy food and ice cream!












Well that pretty much wraps up our week. For those of you that actually read this far...you deserve a special prize. I loved catching up on all of my friend's blogs after being away from my computer for a week. I'm glad that everyone had a good holiday! Back to reality next week. I think someone broke into our house while we were gone and made it really messy! You think that being gone all week we'd have a some what clean house, but it isn't! Looks like Monday will be a fun filled cleaning day! Oh, how my kids enjoy those days! Good night!
5 comments:
Julie it looks like you had a Fantastic 4th! I'm glad you made it to the 10 year reunion, it makes me feel old! Love the pictures of your kids- they are both so dang cute!!
Hooray!!! I'm glad you're back to the blogging world - I've missed hearing from ya!!
Geez, no wonder you hadn't blogged in a while....you had LOTS of FUN things going on!! Bailee had fun at the pool with Halle today - I love the pic you took of Brett going down the slide with the girls - I totally need that pic - will you email it to me?!?!
See ya at the pool!! :)
I totally should be getting ready for church right now but thought I'd hop on over and read all of your jots and tittles and stuff and things. :) What a fun and crazy week! It was fun boating with you, I just might need an email with a few of those Halle/Brandon pics. So cute! You must be the funnest mom ever with all the fun stuff you guys did. Do you give lessons?
Boy, you guys did have a fun week! I'm glad to see the pics from the reunion. I should have brought my camera. Oh well... I'll swap you parade pictures for reunion pictures.
Post a Comment