Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Post Holiday Blahs

It's always hard to get back in the swing of things when you've had several days of going, going, going! It was hard having Tucker go back to work today. He only worked half a day on Friday and then had Monday and yesterday off as well. We did lots of fun things and we loved having him around to play with.

I'll try to do a quick recap of the last few days...

Friday night, Tucker and I got a much needed date night! It's been a while since we went out just the 2 of us. It was really fun! We went to dinner and then saw the movie Transformers, which I wasn't too excited about seeing, but was pleasantly surprised. It was actually very entertaining...Tucker loved it!

Saturday we worked in our yard all morning after finding our apple tree split in half. It had so many apples on it that the weight of it just broke it right in half. The kids loved picking up all the apples off the ground and taking little bites before throwing them in the garbage! Thanks to Tucker's mom and dad, it didn't take too long to clean it all up!

After working outside we drove down to the Gateway to meet my brother. He wanted Tucker's help with buying a new computer at the Apple store. Tucker was completely thrilled to have an excuse to go hang out in his favorite store.

While they were talking nerdy computer talk I took the kids to play in the fountain. I really wished that I'd thought to put them in their swimming suits cause they both got soaked. They had lots of fun.






On Monday, after a morning of doctor appointments for Tucker and I, and swim lessons for Halle, we had lunch at Chick-fil-a and then took the kids to see the Days of 47 floats at the expo center. They loved seeing them up close. It was hard to chose our favorite one. Halle and I waited in line so she could get her face painted while Tucker kept Aidan entertained by watching the marching band.

Aidan wasn't too excited about a giant green monster standing next to him!(sorry about the blurry picture)


Aidan's favorite float!


Halle wanted to take a picture of this one for Grandpa Dave and Uncle Jeff & Erik!


Halle getting her face painted!




After seeing the floats we went and helped my brother and sister-in-law move into their new home. The girls tackled getting the house cleaned before the guys showed up with the moving truck. It was a lot of hard work but we got it all done. It's such a cute house, I'm so happy for them! We were there until almost 11 o'clock waiting for Tucker to finish wiring all their electronic equipment. We were so tired!

We got up early yesterday morning for Halle's swim lessons and then went to Tucker's parents home for breakfast and to watch the parade. Halle loved seeing all the floats on TV that we had seen in person the day before!

We headed off to IKEA later in the day in hopes of finding some organizational items so I can get my life in order. We found a few things, but not the items we were going for! Tucker and I said the last time we were there that next time we would go without the kids...I remember now why we said that! Aidan was beyond tired and started running a fever. Both kids fell asleep on the way home but of course didn't stay asleep once we got them in the house. They both didn't feel well and so we decided to have a quiet night and put the kids to bed early. We felt like party poopers but it was a much needed break from 2 whiny kids. Tucker and I enjoyed a very quiet night together just relaxing.

It's been a fun few days and we loved spending time together! I started realizing the other day that summer is almost over. As much as I'm looking forward to the end of this pregnancy and no more 100 degree weather, I'm sad that our summer is winding down. Hopefully we'll get in some more fun family activities before we're confined to the walls of our home with a new baby and colder weather!

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Sounds like a great weekend- way to take advantage of dad's time off!