Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Book Recommendation


So I know there are lots of you that don't like to read or that don't have the time to, but for those of you (Lynne!) that do, I would highly recommend A Thousand Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini. I just finished this book a couple of days ago and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It was so insightful. It's about life in Afghanistan and covers three decades of anti-Soviet jihad, civil war and Taliban tyranny through the lives of two women. This is the same author that wrote The Kite Runner, another really good book, but I liked this one even more! I could go on and on about it, but really you have to read it for yourself to appreciate how great it is. It's been a long time since a book has left me thinking so much and appreciating the freedoms we so often take for granted living here in the United States! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Emilee said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I finished 'New Moon' last night & I need something new to read while I wait for 'Eclipse' to come out.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking at this book for the last week or two because I loved Kite Runner, and you've just given me the push. I'll head out today and pick it up for next weeks read. I just started Levi's Will. Did I get the idea of that one from you?

Natalie said...

I think I'll start a list of books to read one day when my kids will leave me alone for two seconds. These days I'm lucky to read through the mail without interruptions!

HayleeBean said...

I loved the Kite Runner, so if you like this better then it must be AWESOME! I'll have to read it for sure.