Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Swimming Lessons

Halle started swimming lessons last week. She was very hesitant about it and not sure she wanted to do it, but after her first lesson she couldn't wait to go back the next day. I have been so impressed at how well she has done with it. The first day she wouldn't leave the side of the pool without holding on to her swim teacher. By the second day she was swimming half way across the pool by herself. She loves doing the "dead man float" and the "superman glide" and has gotten really good at the
"windmill stroke" and the "froggy stroke". Her favorite thing is jumping off the diving board. She has done so well and enjoyed it so much that I decided to put her in another session that starts next week. Hopefully she'll learn enough that next summer we won't be starting completely over!




4 comments:

Brooke said...

She looks like a little fishie! I love the diving one. :) Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. We're back from California--when can we play!??!? Talk to you soon!

Natalie said...

You guys have definitely had a full weekend. I love the Aidan and Shrek picture...that's priceless!

Emilee said...

Go Halle!! It looks like she's made a lot of progress & is very brave!

Chereebee said...

So cute - I LOVE her diving off the diving board - what a dare devil!!