Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dear Diary

This week...
I love the smell of: Rain, clean laundry, my kids after a bath, lemon scent Pledge (I wonder why I don't dust more often?), Great Harvest Bread store (thanks, Quinn, for the free bread & cookies).
I love the sound of: My kids laughing and playing together, the ice cream truck driving down our street every night, Halle singing at the top of her lungs in the car, a cool thunderstorm...even if it does wake up my kids.
I love the taste of: Coldstone Lemon sorbet with raspberries, a nice home made meal that I didn't have to make (thanks to my mom and mother-in-law!), fresh cold fruit any time of day, corn on the cob.
I love the sight of: Tucker walking through the door at the end of the day, a clean toy room...even if it only lasts 10 minutes, Aidan's silly dance moves, summer...kids riding bikes down the street, garage sales on every corner, kids running through sprinklers, lemonade stands, Snow Shacks, the weekly wedding invitation in the mail.
I love the feel of: Tucker's good night kiss before I fall asleep, this sweet baby kicking inside all day long, stepping into the pool on a hot day, a hot shower to wake me up in the morning, my head on the pillow after a long day.

5 comments:

Chereebee said...

-k- I am seriously LOVING this post!!! I just might have to copy it ;)
That cold stone ice cream sounds YUMMY - I'll have to try it!!

kecia said...

this is super cute! i almost cried at the one about the baby inside you!

Emilee said...

Thanks for sharing that- it's so insightful!

Brooke said...

Aren't you cute and clever and sweet! Loved it. Contrast that with my swimsuit post. :) Ha ha. I might have to do this one sometime.

Natalie said...

Great post! I love this idea.