Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Fun Kind of Busy

We have had lots going on the past few days. Rather than doing several different posts, I think I'll just cram it all into one long post.

Last Thursday was Kyra's very fun birthday party. Halle was so excited to get dressed up and take her favorite doll to the tea party. The day she got the invitation for the party Halle came home and layed out the outfit she was going to wear down to the shoes and hair clip. She talked about it all week and every day asked how many more days until the party. Kecia put together such a cute party, the girls loved having tea and playing with their dolls. You can read all about it HERE! Thanks, Kyra, for inviting Halle to your birthday party! I can't believe you're SIX!!

The Best of Friends!

Friday we spent the day at Raging Waters with Kecia and her girls. They invited us to attend Kris's work party there and they didn't have to twist our arms to go along, especially when its FREE! I made a VERY wise last minute decision to leave Avery with my mom. I didn't think I'd be able to juggle Aidan and her on my own. I'm so glad I didn't have her with us, as Aidan wasn't feeling so great and didn't feel up to playing in the FREEZING cold water much. He finally came around and had a lot of fun on the lazy river....after a short power nap of course. It was a good time. Thanks, Mom, for taking Avery for the afternoon. Thanks for the invite, Kris & Kecia!






Aidan and I spent lots of time snuggling in the towel...he wasn't a fan of the ice cold water!



I love Halle's face in this picture...is it terror or excitement??


Too cold to eat!

Saturday morning we got up early and went to our annual Neighborhood 4th of July Breakfast. The bishopric does the works...pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage with more fruit, muffins and juice than you could imagine. It was a lot of fun visiting with our neighbors and the kids have a great time running around with their friends. Its amazing how hot it was at 8AM. We were sweating pretty good by the time we left.

That evening was my family reunion with all my cousins and aunts and uncles on my mom's side! We had such a fun night. Tucker was finishing up a big project (Hallelujah it's done!) and wasn't able to come with us, but the kids had lots of fun playing and getting wet. Halle wasn't feeling so great so we left a little early, but it was a fun night visiting and eating! We have such a fun family! You should take a minute a check out the blogs of the very fun ladies that I'm lucky to call cousins...Brooke, Kirsten, Wendi C., Wendy A., Kim, and Heather (oh sorry, her's is private!) Just a few pictures from the night...

Aidan had much more fun playing baseball with my brother than getting wet.

My dad had Avery laughing really hard...it was so cute!



This was my favorite picture of the night. I love how happy both my Grandma and Avery are!



Halle played water balloon toss with my mom.


Avery discovered how yummy popsicles are. She ate almost my entire Pace popsicle.


Aidan took my camera and when he gave it back it was on some random setting I'd never even seen before and this is how the pictures turned out.


Aidan and my brother planning out their best strategy for the pinata.


My Dad & Mom and Avery


Yesterday we took Avery to the chiropractor. It went really well and I felt much better about it after talking to him and getting all our questions answered. He used this little tool to tap on her back a few times and that was it.


Avery was so happy the whole time and didn't seem to mind or even notice that anything was even happening. We have to take her back today and again on Thursday and a couple times next week. Luckily our insurance covers it! We're keeping our fingers crossed that this will help her reflux issue!

We have another busy week ahead of us and we're gearing up for all the fun 4th of July festivities. Hopefully once swimming lessons are over (Wednesday) I won't feel like we're on such a strict schedule every day. I can't believe a third of the summer is already over!

10 comments:

Natalie said...

You guys really have been busy. Hopefully we'll get to see you on the 4th. We're missing you guys!

Unknown said...

That does sound like the FUN kind of busy! Cute pics!

--Jen Roper

Brooke said...

Julie, don't you know that you're only supposed to let your kids be outside for TEN MINUTES a day???? I'm shocked and appalled. :) (if you know what I mean!)

:) ;) :)

Looks like it's been a fabulous summer so far for you lovelies.

Lindsay Kay said...

How much fun have you been having?!? I know what you mean about the schedule - summer should be without one. We would love to have you guys over sometime! Give me a call - or maybe I'll call you. The pictures are adorable - Avery is so stinkin' cute!

Mary said...

Okay, Halle's face in that picture of her going down the waterslide cracks me up! And, I think that picture of Aidan with your sister is so cute. I think the coloring looks cool. Also, I want to hear more about the chiro . . . does it seem to be helping at all yet? We'll chat about that later.

What a fun summer post!

Wendy A said...

LOVE the picture of Grandma!! The one of Amy is so cute too! You are so good to document everything.

kecia said...

so much fun! I love the one of you and Aiden at raging waters-you look lie model material. Also I love the one of Halle and aiden with their arms around eachother. So many fun summer activities going on I really don't want it to go by as fast as it seems to be going!

Todd and Lisa said...

Looks like you've had a lot of fun lately! I love the pic of Halle going down the waterslide and that pic of you and Aiden is really cute! I can't believe it's already July!!! Where did June go?

DeDee said...

I think Halle was so scared it was fun. The picture of Grandma w/Avery is PRICELESS!. And lastly, I am SO glad the chiro went well. Can't wait to hear more!

Linds Forrest said...

That looks like such a fun time!! I love all the pictures that you get, you inspire me to make sure I capture the moments!! And your Summer To Do list looks like a good one to me!! Maybe add on there to chase down an ice cream tuck... that's ALWAYS fun! :)