Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What we've been up to!

So my camera battery charger was MIA for a while so I missed some good photo ops, but I found it a few days ago and thought I'd catch up on some fun things we've been doing.

*Picnics at the park, twice last week...(these are my only pictures from either one)

Avery was giddy about something...

This little guy got quite close to us...I don't like birds, so it kind of freaked me out a bit.

*Swimming with friends! (Thanks, Kecia for the pictures!)

I love this picture of Bree & Avery...thanks for cropping me out, Kec!

Zoe, Alyssa, Kyra, Adrie, & Halle

*Saturday we took Aidan to get his haircut and then went to Shivers for lunch. They love eating lunch on the train.


*Last night we had the kids' pictures taken by the very talented Michelle Coleman. It went much better than I thought it would. Halle was loving every second of it. Aidan did better than I thought he would and Avery was happy, but she didn't sit still for very long. I am really excited to see the pictures. It was a fun night. We bribed the kids with a treat if they were good, so we stopped at Sonic on the way home for smoothies and sundaes.



*I spent lots of time over the weekend with my mom at the hospital. It was a rough weekend, but so glad that she's finally doing better and HOPEFULLY gets to come home tomorrow. The kids made really cute cards for her and got to go visit for a little bit on Sunday. Halle has been so cute about remembering her in her prayers. I love the faith of little kids. When I told Halle that Grandma was feeling better, she said, "I know Mom, because I prayed for her!" She's probably right. Thanks to everyone who called and stopped by to visit. We're blessed to have wonderful family and friends who have been praying and fasting for her. Glad you're doing better, Mom!

*Today Kecia and I took the kids to the Gateway to play in the fountain. They had such a great time and Kecia and I enjoyed not having to be our swim suits.





I think Avery was ticked that she had to sit in the stroller the whole time.

Aidan did a lot of this...he would stand on the edge of the fountain and wait for a single drop to get him wet and then run for his life.



Laying out...trying to get warm.

We got snow cones before we left.

Aidan was way more interested in his snow cone than getting his picture taken.
We left when it started raining on us, and drove home in a down pour on the freeway. It was crazy.

I think that about catches us up. I'm looking forward to the holiday weekend, more fun activities and having Tucker home! YEAH!

7 comments:

Lindsay Kay said...

You are such a great mom to keep your kids so busy! We should arrange a day at a splash pad. I hear there is one in Riverton and Herriman, do you know of any others? Why don't we try for August 6th. I'll be in touch!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous of your Utah summers! Picnics at the park are only a dream for us now--too hot--we have to wait for December :)!

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I will remember her in my prayers too--keep us posted.

--Jen Roper

Todd and Lisa said...

I'm glad your mom gets to come home and that the treatment worked for her. What a relief. I'm glad pictures went well this time! We haven't done pictures for 2 years and I'm starting to feel guilty.

Mary said...

Looks like quite an eventful week!That first picture of Avery makes me laugh - so cute. My kids love the train at Shiver's too. Fun times!

PS My neck is sore from the whiplash last night! :)

kecia said...

I love the first one of Avery too! I love the story of Halle and having so much faith-we really need to be more like little children when it comes to that. I am glad your mom is doing better. I can't wait to see your pictures. Thanks for helping us check off another summer to do!

PS I am still laughing about the whiplash Mary! GOOD TIMES!

Woodbury Fam said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she is doing better. You and Kecia have done such fun things this summer! I have been a slacker!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Looks like you've had a good summer! Can you believe school is almost here? Crazy! Sorry to hear about your mom, glad to hear she's getting better! Thanks for the fun pics!