Sunday, July 6, 2008

Celebrating Independance Day!

I LOVE THE 4TH OF JULY!

We started our 4th of July festivities by going to the Murray Parade. Tuckers parents always get there early enough to get a good spot for us and the rest of the family. My kids love the parade and we really go for them. I think every year we say, "It seems REALLY long this year!" We just forget that it really isn't that fabulous. It was still fun and the kids ate lots of candy and popsicles and had a lot of fun with their cousins.


Halle & Grandma Judy watching the parade.





Avery clapping for the parade!


It was so cute to see Aidan wave to everyone...his wave is so funny!


Blake, Adam & Halle


After the parade we thought about taking the kids to a movie but they were pretty tired and it was going to be a late night so we decided against it. We got lunch at Su Casa (Tucker's favorite) and then came home and put the kids down for a nap. We even convinced Halle to take one. Tucker and I took advantage of the very quiet house and watched a movie and relaxed for almost 2 hours. It was so nice. I'm really glad we did this...the kids were much more pleasant the rest of the day.

After their naps we went to my parents house and spent some time there with my family before heading down to Provo for the Stadium of Fire. Avery got to stay and hang out with Grandma and Grandpa for the night. Thanks, Mom & Dad for keeping her!

The Stadium of Fire was really fun. Halle kept saying all night "This is the best night ever!" Then she'd give me a big hug and say "Thanks, Mom!" She did this several times throughout the night, it was worth it just for that! I think Aidan got a little bored with it and wouldn't sit still for more than 2 minutes. Sorry to the nice man sitting in front of us, I think Aidan kicked him about 40 times, at least!

Originally Halle thought she was going to get to give Miley a high five and get her autograph (cause that's how it happens on the show!), so we had to break it down for her and explain that there would be LOTS of people there and we wouldn't be sitting any where near the stage so it just wasn't going to happen. She got over okay, and was thrilled to just be there.



The stage!



Aidan & Halle wearing their patriotic 3D glasses!


It was so windy, but 6 parachuter's still jumped from the plane and landed on the field. It was really cool!

I love when they pull out the giant flag...its so impressive!

At the beginning, a big red sheet was pulled over the top of us and down to the bottom of the section we were sitting in. It took about 5 minutes for it to get over us.


The Blue Man group only performed for about 10 minutes, but they were entertaining. They taught us some cool dance moves. Halle thought they were really funny!

Halle on the edge of her seat waiting for Miley's big entrance!

Halle screamed the whole time. It was so funny!

Halle sang along and danced to all the songs. I was surprised at how many teenagers around us knew all the songs also. Halle's favorite songs were Girls Night Out, 7 Things, Start All Over, and See You Again.

This is how Aidan felt about it all by the end of the night!

The fireworks were very impressive. We headed out a little early to beat the traffic, but still had a great view of them. It was a very late night, but so worth it! Maybe we'll talk Tucker into going again next year!


11 comments:

Brooke said...

How FUN! I love the Halle screaming pictures. i love all the pictures actually. :)

Lindsay Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Kay said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love that Halle knew all the songs! You must secretly be a Miley fan too!

Natalie said...

The nap during the day on the 4th is essential. I love Halle's screaming pictures. She's so funny! I'm so glad you got tickets and were able to go see Miley.

Mary said...

How fun! I love the picture of Aidan waving, so cute. And Halle looks like she had a blast at Stadium of Fire. I know how Aidan felt in that last picture of him - that's how I get past 10 o'clock too!

Terry Family said...

that sounded so fun! Your kids are so dang cute! I love the last picture--very cool!

Todd and Lisa said...

What a fun 4th of July! You and your family are always doing such fun things. I love the pics and Audrey would be very jealous that Halle got to see Hannah Montana! Good job getting those tickets!

Emilee said...

The Stadium of Fire is one of my FAVORITE childhood memories! I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. That picture of the fireworks is AMAZING! It makes me realize how much I miss it!

Woodbury Fam said...

How fun! It was such a great night. I love how Halle is screaming and so excited!

I Got That! said...

Aiden looks like Eric to me. They are all so adorable. I'm glad your Mom got darling grandkids too! We need to get all the families together.

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

I love Stadium of Fire! Looks like you guys had a fun 4th of July! Very cute pictures!