Sunday, July 27, 2008

Takin' it Easy

For some reason I've felt like I've needed to pack in 80 million activities each week to keep us all entertained, but I think its finally caught up to me cause I finally crashed...and it wasn't pretty.

So even though Tucker had 4 days off of work, there was no waking up at crazy hours to make it to parades or breakfasts of any kind. There were no late nights with the kids. There were no days crammed with 6 different back to back activities. It was just very mellow and I REALLY needed it. I wasn't even in the mood to get the camera out so there aren't even any pictures to really prove that most of this actually happened. You'll just have to take my word for it.

A few things we did fit into our weekend include...

*A couple BBQ's with family and friends

*Watched the parade in our jammies and ate bagels from our good friends, The Einsteins.

*Chiropractor appointments for Tucker & Avery...on a side note, I thought I'd mention that Halle refers to the chiropractor as the "Firecracker" :)

*A much needed eyebrow wax for ME (there are 2 again)

*Helped Tucker's parents pack up and move some things to their new house! We really weren't all that helpful with our 2 kids trying to do their part.

*I baked a couple loaves of zucchini bread, and its actually edible! (Thanks for the zucchini, Jenny!)


*Watched the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds concert in our 3-D glasses! The BEST part of the whole show was watching a bunch of Dad's compete in the "High Heel Derby" to win tickets to the concert for their daughters. It was hilarious!!


Tucker made his own 3-D glasses because they would only give us 2 pair. :)

*Tucker, Halle & Aidan spent hours playing/creating with playdoh...(I'll have to do an entire post about this one later.)

*Finally made it over to Bellissimo Gelato. It's a little piece of heaven. I'm already planning my next visit and what kind I'll try next.

*Kept up with the kids' naps schedules (usually unheard of over a holiday weekend)!

It was great slowing down and spending more time just us at home. Summer is ending too quickly, and I'm not ready for all the changes that will bring to our family. I'll be digging my heels in the ground and holding on for as long as I can.

10 comments:

kecia said...

how fun to have tucker home for 4 days! Even though you were more mellow this weekend it sounds like you still fit a lot in! We enjoyed the Miley concert too and we must have got a nicer employee at Walmart because they gave us 4 glasses. Ok I want some of the gelato right now.
oh yeah and I love the firecraker name! Kids are the best!

Natalie said...

I love days when you don't HAVE to go anywhere or do anything. You can just relax and do whatever you want. You need those kinds of days to recharge.

Mary said...

It's so nice to know you are actually a normal person!

Woodbury Fam said...

Sounds so great! Maybe I should try it. I think I million miles an hour might be too fast. Good for you!

Todd and Lisa said...

That's funny Halle calls the chiropractor a "firecracker". Oh how I miss Bellissimo Gelato---it IS heaven. Sounds like you still fit in a lot of fun things over the long weekend---my kids would be jealous! You are such a fun mom!

Unknown said...

I love how your "down time" still had a million things going on! You are such a fun mom! Love it!

--Jen Roper

Mark said...

I wish you would have invited me to the barbeuce. I got tired of watching through a hole in the fence.

Chereebee said...

wow - that sure doesn't sound like down time to me! You always know how to have fun - I love it! Love the pic of Tucker and your kiddos with their 3-D glasses on!!

Emilee said...

Sounds like you've earned some "Down Time". Glad Tucker was around to enjoy it with you!

Linds Forrest said...

Girl you are like super activity woman! Glad you had time to chill out and enjoy just chillin with your fam. You deserve only the best... which that gelato looks extra yummy!