Friday, February 1, 2008

Surviving Winter...Barely!

Today we find ourselves with yet another snow storm to dig ourselves out of. To say that I'm sick of it all would be an understatement. Finding ways to entertain my kids every day is becoming more and more difficult. I don't know which is harder, staying inside all day and finding ways to entertain them aside from the TV or bundling them all up in coats, loading them in the car and heading out the door in the freezing cold. It's a toss up. With January behind us, I feel like we're slowly inching our way towards warmer weather and sunnier days of playing outside again. I can't hardly wait! This week we've found a few fun things to keep us entertained...just thought I'd share!

My wonderful sister-in-law, Natalie, took Halle home from preschool on Monday (during the HUGE storm) to play with Adam all afternoon. It was a great break for me and Halle LOVES playing with her cousin. Halle talked all about it that night...she loved playing Rock Band and building forts.

We had a very spontaneous play date with Brooke and her 2 kids on Tuesday. The kids ransacked Brooke's house for 4 hours while we visited and talked about her latest craft session. You'd think that since we're related that I'd have an ounce of the creativity she has, but we all know how untrue that is!

We did manage to get the kids to stop for 5 minutes to eat lunch...cute photo moment!

Being silly...I love Aidan's silly face. He cracks me up.

On Wednesday, Halle had a fun preschool field trip to the Discovery Museum. I was bummed I couldn't go this time, but once again, Natalie stepped in and kept tabs on Halle and even got some cute pictures of her and Adam...thanks Natalie!


Adam & Halle


Yesterday Halle started a new tumbling class with her friends. Actually, the class started last week but with us being sick, yesterday was her first time going. They loved it. We decided to take a break from dance and try something different. I forgot to take my camera with me, so I'll have to get pictures of her next time.

Lately it's been more and more obvious that Halle always has lots of fun things going on and friends to play with, and Aidan sort of gets lost in the shuffle of running her to and from her different activities. So today I took him to the library for story time. He really loved it and had a good time reading about Cowboys and making cowboy hats. His buddy, Scott, was there to play with him. It was a good way to pass the time while Halle was at school.

The cool cowboy hat he made!


Aidan and Scott sporting their cowboy hats.

Staying entertained at home...

We decided it would be fun to have a picnic lunch one day...it wasn't quite the same as being outside at the park, but they thought it was fun.

Just because it's 24 degrees outside doesn't mean you can't enjoy a cold Popsicle inside!
Aidan and I built forts one day. I'm not nearly as good at it as Tucker is, but I managed to put something together. It's still set up in the toy room.




And let us not forget cute Avery...she's content no matter what we're doing.

I love how she always has her chubby little hands clasped together like this.



Hopefully we'll come up with other indoor activities to keep us occupied for a few more months. If you're ever looking for something to do, you can call us. Chances are we're going stir crazy also!!

9 comments:

Mark said...

One day you could bring the kids to my office. I would love to give you guys a tour of the office space and let you shadow my office duties.

Mary said...

What a great post Jules! Such fun pictures too. Scott was so excited to finally have a friend there with him today, he got in the car and said, "That was SO fun, Mom."

And, yes, the snow is getting REALLY old!!!

Natalie said...

I'm sick of the snow too. It was fun to spend time with Halle this week though. We should have Aidan over to play with Cambrie one day. She kind of gets lost in the shuffle too. I love your fort and the indoor picnic. You come up with a lot of fun creative things for your kids. I could take a lesson from you.

Brooke said...

What a fun mom you are. Love all the pics. I'm sick of kids getting sick. :)

Lindsay Kay said...

You poor, poor Utahns! You could always pile the kids in the car and drive down to AZ! I would love to have you, and your kids could play to their hearts content outside!

Emilee said...

Or you could come to NV where it's in the lower 50's & we think we're just suffering! :) Love those fun pictures- I think the one of Avery in her Bumbo chair was the BEST!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

That's it, Julie, Mason and I just invited ourselves over one day this week. Or invited you guys over here -- which ever is easiest! We are SO BORED too!!

Michelle C said...

Your little girl looks just like you in the lunch picture. Cute. Looks like more fun than we've been having around these parts!

Wendi said...

There is a great store called "Lakeshore Learning Store" you have probably heard of it. If not, go in and I dare you to try to leave without a fun new toy or game to entertain you and the kids for hours on a day you are stuck at home.