Thursday, February 21, 2008

Halle's Birthday - Part II

I wanted to post a few more pictures from Halle's birthday celebration. We celebrated for 3 days...she loved it. We had a big birthday dinner at my mom & dad's house on Sunday, the day before her birthday. My mom asked her what she wanted for her special dinner and she said, "Mac & Cheese" I'm not sure why because she never really eats it when I make it. Then she said "spaghetti & rice." Interesting. Needless to say my mom just whipped up one of her fabulous 8 course meals and Halle was pleased as punch! The whole family came to celebrate, even Grandpa J. & Grandma Tutu.

My mom made yummy cupcakes for dessert. Halle loved blowing out the candles on her own cupcake.



Because Halle is the oldest grandchild, she's always been very spoiled..especially by my brothers & sister.

My cute brother, Erik, gave her this Hannah Montana DVD. He picked it out all on his own. What a great uncle. She could hardly wait to watch it.

My other brother and sister-in-law gave her some Polly Pockets...she loves them and has played with them constantly since. My sister got her this really cute bed canopy. It hangs from the ceiling over her bed. We were shopping at IKEA with my sister a while ago and Halle saw it and really wanted it because she thought it looked like a princess bed. My sister got it then without Halle even knowing. We still haven't had a chance to put it up, but Halle asks every day! Better get on that!

My parents gave her this High School Musical Twister game. We tried it out, and its WAY hard. It requires a lot more coordination than I have, but we had fun making up our own rules and being silly.

Aidan & Avery gave her these really cool Pop Beads that you can make all sorts of cool jewelery with. Even the adults had fun playing with these.

My grandparents were both very generous and gave her some monies to put in her piggy bank.

It was a very fun night...Halle loved being the center of attention!

When we asked Halle what she wanted to do the day of her birthday, she said she wanted to have lunch with Dad. So I picked her up from preschool a little early and we headed downtown to meet Tucker. We had lunch at his work and then they wanted to go up and see his office. They met some of Tucker's co-workers and got to see where Dad spends his days.


We went up and looked out across the valley from the top of his building. It's a pretty incredible view.

That night after dinner, she opened up her presents from mom & dad. She got a Hello Kitty scooter, a Barbie lap top, & some more room accessories for her doll house. Then we headed over to Leatherby's for a BIG banana split. It's her favorite place to get ice cream. It was especially fun to run into Brett & Cheree and their kids. Halle & Bailee were thrilled to see each other, they're such good friends. She really wanted to wear her birthday crown so that everyone would know it was her birthday.

I feel like 5 is a pretty big birthday so we did a little more this year than I would normally do, but it was really fun. I just hope she doesn't expect the same HOOPLA every year. I feel VERY partied out right now, but Aidan's birthday is just a couple weeks away so I gotta gear myself up for another big birthday celebration.

8 comments:

Emilee said...

ALL of the festivities looks like they were fabulous! Halle looks so grown up to me. I love the crown @ Leatherby's!

Natalie said...

That is a lot of partying for Miss Halle! Look at her smiles though--she was lovin' it. It's fun to read about all the gifts Halle got. It gives me something to look forward to when Cambrie gets a little older.

Mark said...

Ask Brooke about the time she was at Leatherby's and people thought she had just won the Miss Murray pageant.

Woodbury Fam said...

Aren't are kids birthdays so fun! and don't worry she will want this kind of party every year. Emma always comes up with reasons why this birthday is the most important. Good luck gearing up for Aidans.

Kirsten said...

Cute kids...birthdays are so fun and for me it seems...a little stressful, but fun. Halle is so so cute and she looks great in her birthday pics!!!

Cheryl said...

You have the cutest family Julie! I love all of the fun family things you do together. Halle seems to have enjoyed herself, and what a birthday to remember!

Have you ready your book club's book for this month? It's a really good book, and it's one I've used before for BC groups because it's a fairly fast read. Anyway, Enjoy it!

Mary said...

I love the pictures of Halle with her cupcake - so cute and candid!

Also, love the blog makeover! Looks great.

Lindsay Kay said...

Can you do my birthday next time? Wow! Maybe you could just come and do all those fun things for my kids. Halle looks like she had a blast! She is so cute!