Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhog's Day!


Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob on this fabulous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008
Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators,
Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.

After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers,
Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me.
Six more weeks of winter it will be!"

(Just what I was hoping for...more winter!)

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh....goodie. I actually forgot about this "holiday" if you can call it that! :)

Natalie said...

Ugh. Just ugh.

Chereebee said...

That dang Punxsutawney - we are NOT friends right now!!!! :)

Unknown said...

When I read posts like this one and the one before, it makes me happy that I don't live in Utah. I will probably be singing a different tune when it is summer and you guys are enjoying 80 degree whether while we are swealtering in 115 degrees!

Love the pics of you kids indoors--it doesn't look all that bad :)!

--Jenny Roper

Mark said...

Even more reason why I hate all animals.

Kirsten said...

I think I have seen that Groundhog Day movie about 79 times...it seems like that at least. We too are trying to entertain ourselves during this long winter indoors. I am about to move to California and ditch this snow.

Wendi said...

I don't know how I missed that one!! Thanks for jogging my memory.