Friday, February 15, 2008

Celebrating V-Day!

Let me begin by saying that I think the whole Valentine's Day is WAY over rated! It's the same way I feel about New Year's Eve...you feel like you have to do something just to say you did something. Kind of lame, if you ask me.

With that all said, it was a really great day! Tucker surprised me by taking the day off of work to stay home with us. That in and of itself was the best Valentine's gift he could have given me. I was so excited. He let me stay in bed while he got up with the kids and got them breakfast. I got to take a nice LONG hot shower while he and the kids made cute Valentine cards for me. We then sat down and got all our tax stuff ready so we could get it to our financial guy, it was really romantic. Then we took our Valentine's gift to Tucker's mom and took her to lunch!

With the gracious efforts of my dear cousin, Brooke, (BCF!) I was able to put this little gem together to give to our parents.
We ran a few errands (I still hadn't gotten Halle's valentine's for her preschool class...nothing like last minute!) and then headed home to put Aidan down for a nap. Halle & I worked on her valentine's for her class...they're having their valentine "party" today! When Aidan woke up they got a special delivery at the front door...

A few weeks ago the kids and I made these cute sacks...


Here are a few of the fun prizes they each got:

Halle's Littlest Pet Shop paraphernalia.

Aidan loves Elmo!


No, these are not tears of joy...he's always this happy when he wakes up!

We then rushed out to deliver my parent's their Valentine before they headed out to celebrate. Tucker and I didn't feel up to battling the crowds so we stayed in. He made a lasagna dinner for us. It was really yummy, thanks honey! Any dinner I don't have to make is automatically my favorite dinner! Then he bathed the kids and we put them to bed early! We had intentions of watching a romantic chick flick until we remembered Lost was on, so we watched that instead. (such a strange episode...so many questions!)

I have to say thanks to my sweet husband, I really had a great day. It's the little things that go a long way and mean the most. I loved spending the day together! Thanks for the fun surprise, honey! I love you!

Tucker also made arrangements for us to go to St. George for the weekend. We're leaving this afternoon and heading to warmer weather...I can hardly wait. Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Heidi Berry said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day! I love it when Phil stays home too. I gave Alex the Fancy Nancy book for Valentine's Day- thanks for the great idea! The party you did was absolutely darling! I am very impressed.

Natalie said...

Your Valentine's day sounds great! I totally feel like I have to do something on that day, but I never know quite what to do.

We watched Lost last night after the kids were in bed. I'm so confused now. I freaking LOVE that show!!!

Have fun in sunny St. George this weekend!

kecia said...

SOunds like a great day! Having dad home is the best gift! Have fun in the warmer weather!

Mary said...

Have fun! St. George sounds pretty nice right about now! Good job, Tucker, on Valentines this year! What a great idea.

Brooke said...

Lucky you to leave town this weekend! Sounds like a great V-day for you. :)

Woodbury Fam said...

Sounds like fun, I agree that Valentines is way over rated, but fun if there is a surprise.

Cheryl said...

I am jealous that you are in St. George, but hope that you enjoy the break away from the snow for a few days. Sounds like you had a great V-Day.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect day! I am glad you have such a great husband and family!

Love your little girl's b-day party--so much fun!! I need a girl :)!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

What a fun day! Those little tile squares you and Brooke made are so cute!