Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weekend Getaway

On Friday I headed up to Logan with the cute girls that I'm in book club with. Colette's sister owns the cutest little B&B and was kind enough to let us all stay there for the night. There was 9 of us that went up there (plus 3 baby girls). We had such a great time gabbing till all hours of the night, eating lots of yummy food, watching some Office episodes, did a little shopping and we actually did do some Book Club business...(we discussed all 70 books we've read over the last 5 years. If you want a copy of the list let me know!) The Bed & Breakfast was so cute and they just finished adding on a "Carriage House" for wedding receptions. The Logan Temple is directly behind it. What a view! I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of that. If you know anyone getting married in that area, I highly recommend checking it out...or if you and your hubby need a little getaway, it would be so fun! One of the highlights of the trip was the INCREDIBLE breakfast that Arlette made for us. Apple pancakes with caramel syrup...enough said! Go for the breakfast alone!

We went to dinner at the Firehouse Pizzeria.
(Liz, Colette, Alisa, Tracy, Kari, Sarah, Stacia, DeDee, Me)

The 3 nursing moms...this cute parlor became the "mother's lounge".
(Liz, Sarah & I)

Standing in front of the "Mansion"
I'm really glad that we did this again, ladies. As always...it was great!
It was a much needed getaway after the week we had at our house. Thanks, Tucker for holding down the fort at home. Halle and Aidan had such a great time with Dad. He always manages to get so much done in one afternoon. He took Aidan to get his haircut (my VERY least favorite thing to do), ran several errands, managed to clean the house and I was welcomed home to these...

Thanks, honey, I needed it! It's amazing what 24 hours will do to recharge you!

15 comments:

Natalie said...

I am completely jealous. Jealous that you got to have an overnighter with girlfriends. Jealous that you have read 70 books. Jeslous that you got to eat apple pancakes with caramel, and jealous that you got flowers and a clean house when you came home. Lucky girl!!!

Michelle C said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours. I asked Haylee what anyone elses was, but she never replied. I have another blog I do my pictures on, which lately is just my family, but if you care to see, it's www.timelessmemoriesbymichelle.blogspot.com. Your little baby is so cute and you look great. Don't know if you know that I'm expecting again. Quite the surprise, but excited, except for the getting fat part. Oh well. Such is life. We should get together. That'd be fun. Good to hear from you.
Michelle

Heather Ridge said...

I think the B&B is the place that my mom's friend Marion renovated originally. It was right by the Logan temple and it looks just like your pictures. She ran it as a B&B for a while. I am glad you had a fun time.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

How fun Julie! I totally miss my old book club - even though we didn't do fun stuff like overnights! I'd love to see the list of books you read!

kecia said...

I am jealous! This looks so fun!! I LOVE the firehouse pizzeria!! Did you have the pizookie?! It is amazing what a little mom recharging can do for everyone!!

Mary said...

Too fun! You for sure deserved it after the horrific days you experienced before that! Good for you! When are we going to go?!?

BS and the Kids said...

It was so much fun!!! I am going to have to copy your pictures, because of course, I went cameraless. And the breakfast was to die for. I am still recovering from the lack of sleep, but it was worth it!!!

BS and the Kids said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Julie! I am so excited you found me! Your family is DARLING and I can't believe your baby is 4 months already! She is so cute!

What a fun weekend! I am happy you got to get away--I always love girls trips!

I am excited to keep in touch!

--Jenny Roper

Emilee said...

Looks like an ideal weekend- a much needed break from your crazy week! I'd love a copy of those books that you've read. Our book club is currently searching for some good ones to keep us going!

Brooke said...

Sounds like oodles of fun! The Firehouse pizzeria is delectable. I want to visit that B&B one day!!

Lindsay Kay said...

Jules! You lucky duck! Aside from the cold weather I would have loved to have joined you. I'm so glad that you had some fun after that horrific sick period. I am so sorry you had to do that.

I'm sorry I didn't have a second to call and get together while we were up there. It was a VERY crazy time. Hopefully when we come up during the summer we can get together. (At least we have blogs!:))

Chereebee said...

oh hooray!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a little get away! You deserved it - especially after the crappy night you'd had.

Cheryl said...

I want to know how i join your book club! Seriously, i've been looking for a really good one since my last one I was in. Is it just your neighborhood one or something like that? Let me know, cause I would totally love to invite myself to join your book club. Not for the B&B thing, I really am looking for a good bookclub to makes me read, and to give me one more thing to be social with also, which is why these really are created right? Hey e-mail me the info and whether I could invite myself to join or not.

Woodbury Fam said...

Sounds like so much fun...even with the babies.