Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things!

My friend Cheryl did this on her blog so I thought I'd copy and do the same.

1. My Favorite Magazine

I love getting this magazine in the mail. I save it for when I have some quality me time and can sit down to read it cover to cover!

2. My Favorite Hair Product

This root boost does wonders for my very flat, no volume hair. I've tried a few different ones, but this is my favorite!

3. My Favorite Soup (that's not homemade)

I love the tomato basil soup at Noodles & Company. It's so yummy. I've tried to recreate it at home but haven't figured out the secret ingredients yet.

4. My favorite baby product

My cute friend Kristen gave me this Hooter Hider when I had Avery. If your unfamiliar with this product, its a great cover up for breastfeeding moms. I wish I would have had it with my other 2 kids. And just in case you were wondering...it's NOT a German product, right Natalie!! :)

5. My favorite purse

I've been through my share of purses and Tucker just rolls his eyes every time I get a new one. I got this one at Steve & Barry's a couple months ago and I LOVE it. I don't feel like I have to change purses with every outfit...it just goes with everything. I've had several people...even complete strangers, ask where I got it. Now you know. The best part about it is the price...only $10!

6. My favorite moisturizer

I love Cetaphil. I've been using it forever. I especially love it during the winter. It works really well on Halle's eczema and it lasts forever!

7. My favorite way to display my kids art work

I got this cool rod with clips at IKEA last week and I really love it. My fridge is no longer cluttered with all of Halle's preschool and primary pictures. And now that Aidan is finally going to nursery, he comes home and hangs his pictures up and it reminds him that nursery really is fun.

8. My favorite show (well maybe not my favorite, but one of!)

I love the first few weeks of this show with all the auditions. I haven't watched last nights episode yet, but some of my favorites from the Philadelphia auditions were, the Star wars/Princess Leia wannabe...those clip on buns were special, the "Be Victorious" Alexis chick with her glittery makeup and giant star earrings, and of course "Stalker" Paul. Too funny!

9. My favorite Mascara

My sister turned me on to Mac Makeup and I love it. I have really sensitive eyes and I'm allergic to most mascara's. I've tried lots but I love this one the MOST. It's one of the few that doesn't make my eyes itch uncontrollably.

10. My favorite bread

I love this bread. I can't eat white bread any more...I just don't like the taste of it. Luckily my kids never really ate white bread so they don't really know the difference.

**On a different note...thanks for all those that shared your laundry tips. I realized I was having a melodramatic moment yesterday and have gotten back on top of it again...just to start all over today with another load in the washer. I'll still never have kind feelings towards this endless chore!**

7 comments:

Brooke said...

That's funny--I'm totally working on a post exactly like this, I'm not kidding!! I promise I'm not copying you....I guess I"m copying Natalie and Cheree though! :) Love your list! And the AI stuff, we were chuckling and guffawing about those same people. :)

Natalie said...

I love der Hooter Hider! Not German though! hee hee

I'm gonna have to try that root boost. Where do you buy it? My long hair is flat, flat, flat.

I just subscribed to Real Simple and got my first issue a couple of days ago. Why did I not know about this magazine before? It's right up my alley?

I love your list. These are some of my favorite posts to read.

Chereebee said...

oh I love this post!
LOVE your purse
LOVE American Idol too
LOVE the rod you have to display the kiddos artwork!

Mary said...

Seriously that's weird that you, Brooke and I did this on the same day!

Anyway, how much do we have in common??? LOVE the root boost! MAC is the only way to go. Cetaphil - everyone in Utah should use it - a definite skin saver (and affordable to boot!). Sara Lee bread all the way! The list goes on . . .

Love this post!

Tucker said...

Wow Jules. I never noticed that your makeup is "MAC". And so is your computer...coincidence?

Maybe soon the will announce a super skinny makeup set and called it MAC MAKEUP AIR.

p.s.-Have you heard that I am getting an iPhone?

kecia said...

I just commented on mary's that you three must have had some conspiracy forming to post "cooler" blogs than me! I am really behind in the fun blog posts lately! I love the artwork thing too and it looks even cuter with the word above it now!!

Julie said...

Natalie...I get the root boost at Target but I have also seen it at our ghetto smiths!