Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh What a Night!

This is how it all started...

4:30PM - Halle tells me her tummy hurts.
5:30PM - Lasagna dinner on the table and Halle just sits there with her head down...its her favorite dinner so I knew she wasn't just being dramatic!
6:00PM - Halle throws up...luckily she made it to the toilet.
6:10PM - Give kids a bath...
6:30PM - Halle throws up again after very calmly and politely asking if I could help her throw up.
7:00PM - Kids in jammies and we watch us a little American Idol to lighten our moods.
7:20PM - Halle throws up AGAIN...decides she wants to go to bed, but still wants to read the BoM...it was a short chapter!
8:00PM - Halle throws up again.
8:30PM - Halle throws up again.
8:45PM - Avery goes to bed.
9:30PM - Halle throws up again.
10:00PM - moved Aidan to my bed cause Halle's keeping him up.
10:05PM - Aidan throws up all over my bed (had just put clean sheets on my bed, too!)
10:10PM - Tucker throws up!
10:15PM - Tucker and Aidan jump in the shower to clean up.
10:20PM - Throw my bedding in the washer.
10:30PM - Halle throws up again.
10:35PM - Aidan throws up again.
10:40PM - Move Aidan back to his bed, Tucker lays on their floor.
11:00PM - Halle throws up again.
11:15PM - Aidan throws up again.
11:30PM - Put sheets back on bed. Tucker goes to bed and I take his place on their floor.
12:00AM - Halle & Aidan BOTH throw up.
12:15AM - Give Halle some Sprite to try and settler her tummy.
12:45AM - Halle throws up the sprite.
1:15AM - Aidan throws up again...so sad.
2:30AM - Aidan throws up again...well there really isn't anything left to throw up anymore!
2:45AM - Halle throws up for the last time...FINALLY!
3:30AM - Avery wakes up...I feed her and she's back to sleep!
3:45AM - Aidan throws up for the last time...FINALLY!
5:30AM - I crawl into my bed to get 2 hours of sleep.
7:30AM - Kids are awake and GRUMPY, HUNGRY & THIRSTY...can you blame them?
8:00AM - Throw more bedding into the washer.

So needless to say it was a super night at our house. My washing machine ran non stop from 2PM until 1AM. The kids are camped out on the couch watching movies. I'm feeling okay, but I think its just a matter of time before it hits me! My hands are raw from washing them every 5 minutes all night.

Aidan finally crashed...poor guy!

10 comments:

Emilee said...

Oh Julie, this sounds like a bad dream come true! I'm so sorry & hope that you & Avery can avoid it. Good luck today- thank heavens you don't have to wash laundry on the rocks! :)

Chereebee said...

oh my gosh Julie - that is so aweful!!! I am so so sorry! I can't believe how many times BOTH of them threw up!
Bailee missed Hallee at school
today :)
Hopefully you and Avery don't get that nasty bug too!

Brooke said...

SO SAD!! Hope it's just a quick bug and that you don't get it. What is the deal with everyone getting it lately!?!? Take care of yourself!!

Mary said...

Julie!!! So so sorry. I have to say I'm a little bit upset with you for making my relive my nightmare from a couple weeks ago! Thanks a lot. :) I hope you and Avery stay well!!! XOXOXO

PS FYI - my kids were acting fine for a day in between rounds 1 and 2, so beware of something similar. Once again, so sorry you have to go through this - there is nothing worse!

Natalie said...

That's a horrible night. I don't think in all of my years of being a mom I've ever had a night that bad. I'm so sorry! I hope you are able to squeeze in a little nap today. We missed Halle at preschool. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon and I REALLY hope you don't catch it. Take lots of Airborne or Zicam and hope for the best.

kecia said...

I am reallly sad for you and the kids! It sounds even worse when you break it down like that. Hopefully you are over it and you and Avery can skip the lovely thing!

kecia said...

I am reallly sad for you and the kids! It sounds even worse when you break it down like that. Hopefully you are over it and you and Avery can skip the lovely thing!

Mark said...

I am reallly sad for you and the kids! It sounds even worse when you break it down like that. Hopefully you are over it and you and Avery can skip the lovely thing!

Mark said...

I am reallly sad for you and the kids! It sounds even worse when you break it down like that. Hopefully you are over it and you and Avery can skip the lovely thing!

Heather Ridge said...

My goodness, this could be made into a horror movie!! Don't you hate the stomach bug. We all got it in October. Luckily it was only 24 hours though. I hope you & Avery are okay.