I've spent a little bit of time this morning reading several blog posts of friends and family paying tribute to our dear President Hinckley. It's been so touching to read and feel the love that so many of us have for this incredible man. I got a phone call from a close friend last night telling me the news. I sat there for a moment and tried to let it sink in and process it but it was so surreal. Tucker's phone started ringing off the hook from people at work telling him that he'd need to come into work. They were just waiting to hear if a press conference was going to happen, and if so he'd need to be there to shoot it. He threw his suit back on and was ready to go. After several phone calls and discussions he got a call around 9:30 saying that they weren't going to do a press conference and that he wouldn't need to come in. Elder Ballard said he didn't want to take anyone away from the Sabbath... President Hinckley wouldn't have wanted that.This was one of those moments where you will always remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard the news. Tucker and I talked about it a lot. I was very sad, but so happy when I thought of the wonderful reunion that was taking place right then. How sweet. Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting we had 2 speakers and their topic was Following the Prophet. It was very ironic.
I shared the news with Halle this morning as we were getting ready for school, she was very sad and we shared a good cry and had a really good talk about it. She loved him also, and never once forgot to pray for him in her nightly prayers.
I love President Hinckley and know that he was truly called of God. We will miss him greatly.
5 comments:
I didn't even think about Tucker being involved in a press conference. I'm glad he was able to stay home with you.
I'm really gonna miss President Hinckley. He was an awesome prophet!
How sweet that Halle has such a good understanding of him, that she's want to mourn at his passing.
After hearing the news, I immediately went to www.digg.com which is a news aggregator (collects all the news from everywhere, it is run by the community who posts links). Digg is notorious for being cruel, mean and hacking into servers. They are behind the recent Scientology attacks.I noticed the info was posted and was worried that people would write mean things. I was pleasantly surprised to see not one negative comments and if there were any, they got buried immediately by the community. The consensus was "no matter what you think about religion, you have to respect this mans character. He will be missed." That alone, is pretty cool.
Oh. By the way, here is the Churches link to the story. They have some cool videos and they will be posting a biography, which they have had in the works, later this week.
Newsroom.lds.org
Julie!
I'm so glad you found my blog! I got your cute Christmas card and have been meaning to call you ever since. (I didn't get around to sending cards out!) Your little Avery is beautiful- how fun to have another girl. I would definitely love to get together soon, and in the mean time I am thrilled that we can stay in touch in the blogging world! -Heidi
Post a Comment