Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Let's discuss laundry!

No, this isn't MY laundry room, but it might as well be. I feel like I have laundry coming out of every nook and cranny in my house. I have nightmares about our dirty clothes coming to life and attacking us in the middle of the night...okay not really, but I'm sure its only a matter of time until I do. There isn't a word in the english language that fully describes my complete dislike for this chore! I have tried several different ways of going about getting it done and still haven't found the trick. I spent the ENTIRE day yesterday trying to get to the bottom of all our hampers. I successfully washed and dried it all but getting it ALL put away just seems to be impossible. I hate when it sits in baskets cause then we just start rummaging through it and pretty soon it's empty again. Who needs a dresser or closet when you have baskets?? Every time I purchase a new article of clothing I think how its just adding to the mountainous pile of clothes that will eventually need to be washed. It's almost sucking all the fun out of shopping. Clearly that is not acceptable! I hate publicly complaining about something that so MANY of you seem to have under control. (Mary)! What is your secret? I know it's a never ending task that is never completed, but there has to be a way to not be drowning in it either! I'm open to any and all suggestions...especially those that include step by step instructions and an extra 10 points for pictures or visual aids! Oh, and if your suggestions or advice include waking up at 4AM or staying up until 1AM to complete it...I don't want to know! Thanks!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

What is this laundry thing you speak of? I'm not familiar with it.

Brooke said...

I seriously thought that was a picture of your laundry room. AAGGHH!! I just throw a load in like every morning. It doesn't always get put away immediately but I like doing a little each day. Um, did I just use the word "like" in speaking of laundry?? What is wrong with me?

Chereebee said...

Oh Julie, I love you - you crack me up!! Thanks for posting that picture of my laundry room - hee hee!! We've discussed this before and I totally feel your pain sista! I will be checking back often to read comments that people leave cuz I need desperate help too!! :)

Mary said...

You're such a dork! That's all I have to say on the subject.

BS and the Kids said...

I about fell out of my chair when I saw that picture. I was so glad to find out it wasn't YOUR room. I hate laundry as well, I can keep up on it, but I can't ever seem to get it put away. Here are a few of my suggestions: Do a load once a day, either colors or whites so it doesn't pile up so quickly. When the clothes need folded put them on your bed and you can't get in your bed until the clothes are folded and put away. But if you are like Brett, you just sweep them to the floor, yikes.

BS and the Kids said...

Oh, and one more tip...try doing laundry instead of blogging. I'm just kidding. But if I spent as much time doing other things as I do on the computer (it really isn't even that much time) I might just get a little more done.

Andrea said...

Julie, you totally crack me up. I'd like to say I've faced the laundry demon and come out on top, but it's not the case. Laundry never ends! And just wait until Halle and Avery get bigger and have to change outfits every couple of hours. And then there's the times when it's so much easier for them to just put things in the dirty clothes as hang them up. (I totally blame laundry on the female children!) I turned Katie's laundry over to her about a year ago, and she's discovered the dreaded beast. Unfortunately, she's also discovered that she can just go buy new clothes, or trade with friends and her laundry still isn't getting done! I did her laundry for her for her birthday (yes, it was actually one of her presents!). She was so excited with her new wardrobe! Good luck with the beast!
Love you all!
Lynne

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Julie! I'll trade you your laundry for my cleaning the bathrooms! I LOVE doing laundry ... but I only have one child whereas you have three. :) But like Brooke said, I do a load at least every day and that seems to keep on top of it. Sure, sometimes I'm putting away clothes at midnight but it's my rule that it can't stay un-put-away overnight!!! Love your new blog design, by the way!