Thursday, April 3, 2008

Paper Towel Playground

So this is what I get for not promptly putting away my Costco purchases. This morning, Halle & Aidan decided to open up the giant package of paper towel and create their own little playground. Halle got very creative and put one roll on each step and then slid down the stairs on top of them. They were both laughing and having so much fun that I didn't feel like intervening this time. They did this for about an hour and a half before I finally called it quits, only because the paper towel rolls were looking pretty hammered...they might not roll very well on the holder, but they'll still serve their purpose. It's funny what kids come up with to entertain themselves! I guess you could add this one to your list, Mary!






(Yes, Halle was still in her jammies with bed hair at 10 o'clock. It was one of those mornings!)

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That's very creative. My kids use the "brick" of paper towels as a step to reach things on the counter if I don't hurry and put them away.

I know I'm a little nosy, but what is Mary's list?

Julie said...

Natalie, Mary posted a list on her (private) blog of Things to Keep Little Kids Happy. I'll email it to you, they're are some good ideas.

Mary said...

That's better than anything on the list! Anything that keeps them entertained for more than 5 minutes is fabulous!

Emilee said...

That is so funny! It looks like tons of fun- kids are so creative.

Lindsay Kay said...

Don't worry about Halle and her jammies! If it were up to me and my girls we would only get dressed to go ride bikes or go to the park!

DeDee said...

So fun! My kids love to use sleeping bags/mats and slide down. They could do it for hours! What a fun Spring Break too!

kecia said...

how fun! Kids are so creative! I love the one of Aidan laughing!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

You are such a good mom! I would be all concerned about breaking a limb or having my paper towels squished. I think I should work on the laid-back thing a little! :)