Monday we took advantage of the great weather and had a picnic at the park with a bunch of our neighbor friends. The kids loved riding their bikes to the park and playing for a few hours. I remembered to put sunscreen on us all this time, but we still managed to get a little sun.
Here's some of the kids on their bikes...we were quite the sight with all these kids and our big stroller brigade.

That night Natalie invited us over (well I think technically we invited ourselves! ) for a very fun Family Night. We played Rock Band for a couple hours. We had so much fun. The kids lost interest quickly...except Aidan. He LOVED it! We can't wait until June 22 when it will finally be available on the Wii.
Aidan has a new love of drums...he's been drumming everything in our house all week.

Natalie knows how to ROCK!

The other kids had fun playing in the princess tent!

Cambrie doesn't look that much bigger than Avery! :)

Our dental insurance changed recently so I decided to switch the kids to a pediatric dentist. You wouldn't think that taking the kids to the dentist would be considered a fun outing, but this new dentist is VERY fun. My kids loved it and they both thanked me for taking them. I was really worried about taking Aidan (his first time). I thought for sure they'd need to break out the restraints to hold him down, but he climbed up in the chair all by himself and laid there watching Finding Nemo while they cleaned his teeth. I was SO proud of him. Halle has to go back in a few weeks to have 2 cavities filled, but she's actually really excited about it. She doesn't really know what she's in for though! After getting their teeth cleaned they each got to pick a prize from the treasure chest and a token to ride on the merry-go-round in the waiting room. They loved it!
(I forgot my camera so I borrowed these from Natalie's blog...thanks for the referral, Natalie!)
The whole office is decorated in Finding Nemo. It's WAY cute!
.jpg)
Here's Natalie's kids riding on the Merry-Go-Round!
.jpg)
They loved playing in the shark's mouth while they waited for their turn!

Tuesday night Mary, Kecia & I took dinner to Brooke and got to see her new babe, Haylie! She's so sweet and snuggly and Brooke looked super FANTASTIC. I can't believe you had a baby 2 weeks ago. After visiting with them for a bit, Kecia, Mary & I thought we deserved a little pampering so we headed to the salon for a pedicure. It was so great.
Yesterday, Halle came home from playing at Kyra's house with a pet potato bug. She quickly informed me that her name was Jill. She made a little home for it in this jar and asked me to take care of it when she went to school. She also said that she doesn't need a dog or a gold fish any more cause this is WAY better. Good plan! She takes it out and plays with it and talks to it. Tucker had a good talk with her last night about the short life span of potato bugs. Hopefully Jill will be with us for a little bit longer.


Last night I went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with my friends I grew up with. We haven't gotten together for a couple months so it was so fun to catch up with everyone. We always have such a good time. We missed you, Charlotte! I love enjoying a good meal without the distraction of 3 little kids.
While I was at dinner, Halle got to go to a Reading Night at the elementary school. She had a great time and was so excited to show me all the fun things she brought home. She got the book, If You Give a Pig a Pancake and they got to do a couple activities and art projects to get them excited about reading. It made her WAY excited for Kindergarten.

Tucker also finished a big video project last night that he's been working on for about 3 months. No more late nights and weekend working...at least for a couple weeks. This calls for a celebration...hmmm! We'll have to come up with something fun! At least it will be semi-warm for the weekend. What's with this random spring weather?? I'm SO ready for summer!
9 comments:
I'm so glad your kids loved the dentist. When Adam went back for his cavity and dental work, it was no big deal. He didn't even act like he felt the shot. He was so high on laughing gas. RockBand was lots of fun. We'll have to come try out the Wii version when you get it. I love the potato bug as a pet plan. My kids went through one summer where they'd catch them and put them in their pockets. Laundry was always an interesting surprise!
You busy busy gal! Fun stuff. Thanks again for the visit and the delectable chicken pillow (basalts) and all of the other great food. ;) Brandon has had several potato bug friends as well. Brings back memories from when I was a kid!
Fun family night...can you see Chris jamming out? Not happenin'.
That dentist's office does look like fun. You'll have to forward me his info.
I think I need to hit that dentist. I have wanted to change my dentist for a while, now. Call me with the details. What a great post!! I loved all the details and happy to hear Brooke is doing well.
Cute, cute, cute! Halle is such a doll---I love that she has pet potato bugs. Audrey is TERRIFIED of all bugs. And that is a cute dentists office. Pediatric dentists are the way to go! We're excited to see you soon and good luck with the drive!
You always do such fun things with your kids. I should be a better mom. I love the potato bug pet idea.
Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun! We, too, cannot wait for "Rockband" to come out on the Wii--what a glorious day that will be!
I love the pic of sleeping Avery. What a dolly!
--Jen Roper
You make me want to have kids right now. Your kids are darling and you have so many fun adventures!! You are an awesome mom!
I've never played Rock Band, but love Guitar Hero -- and everyone says that RB is better! Can't wait for it to come out for the Wii!
That dentist looks AWESOME! We may need to take your lead also and go to that guy, I've been needing to find one for Mase.
I love that picture of Halle and her potato bug. I love that she named her Jill! What's up with that? Ha ha!
Post a Comment