Don't you love when you get/find unexpected money!?! I get excited about finding a $5 bill in a pair of pants that I haven't worn for a while, or in a coat pocket from almost a year ago...even change in seat cushions is exciting. So last week when Tucker called from work and said he'd just been given an unexpected check for $264. 22, I was WAY excited.
Maybe you've heard me talk about or even seen yourself a little video that's made its way around the world wide web. A few years ago, our Relief Society presidency came to Tucker and asked him if he'd help them make a movie for their upcoming Visting Teaching Conference. Tucker was happy to help and it turned out even better than anyone expected. They showed it at the Conference and of course our ward loved it because we knew the people in it. From there it snowballed and was passed along to the other wards in the Stake and then people in our ward were asking for copies to give/show their family and friends. Before we knew it there were people from all over the country as well as England, Canada, Australia and others that were contacting Tucker for copies of their own. At one point our bishopric was getting calls on Sunday during their Bishopric meeting from people in other states trying to track down a copy. That's when Tucker reedited the video taking our wards name from the opening credits. Then some random person that Tucker doesn't know put it up on You Tube where it quickly reached over 50,000 views.
Then about 9 months ago, a friend of Tuckers from work approached him about putting it on a website called Blip.tv. Tucker had no problem with him doing this, as he had taken our ward name off it so if anyone wanted a copy they contacted his friend and not him. It's not that Tucker didn't want to give copies, but it was just taking up WAY too much time burning copies, taking trips to the post office and playing Tech Support to those that aren't so Tech Savvy!
That's when his friend came to him last week with this check for $264.22. Apparently, the site that he had put it up on, had ads on it and for every time someone clicked the link he got paid for it...in cents! Well after about 8 months of having it there (and over 800,000 views), that is what it added up to. Wow! $264.22 for doing absolutely nothing. I was so impressed with the honesty of this friend. Tucker had no idea it was accruing any money and his friend didn't have to tell him. He didn't have to even give all the money to him, after all he was the one that put it up. Tucker offered to give him half, but he said no! Not everyone would be that honest!
So to everyone that clicked on that link or posted it on their blog or forwarded it in an email...Thanks! Now maybe I will buy my kids a souvenir in Disneyland!
And for those that haven't seen it, here it is! ENJOY!
(You can close the ads when they pop up!)
16 comments:
Oh Julie that's so awesome! How cool! I remember seeing that video a few months ago - love that you're in it! :)
And please send that BLIP.TV link to your friends and link it form your sites, then I get paid more...again!
Also, I'm not sure why you were impressed with the honesty of my co-worker, I mean, I do work at the Church and all.
That was so good! Great job Tucker! That's awesome that you guys got that check---that is a bit more than the $5 or $10 you usually find in your coat or pants pocket. We're looking forward to seeing you all soon! Keep us updated on your plans and if we can do anything for you!
I love that video. It doesn't get old. I watch it every time I get it forwarded to me. That's awesome that you got money for it. Happy day!!!
Yeah, I recognized a few of those faces, you are STARS. Tucker did such a good job, and you do need to add the link so we can click on it. I loved the message, way too cute and true to heart.
Maybe Tucker should add it to his resume...so funny!
That is so rad!! Way to go. I guess saving a penny is really worth it! :)
That really is an awesome discovery! Would you like to take me out for lunch and a day at the spa with the $$$? That video never gets old - love it! Way to go Tucker.
I'm sure Nancy appreciates that it's paused on that lovely picture of her :)
DeDee...I thought the same thing! :)
what the crap - that is no fair - stuff like that never happens - that is so AWESOME! :)
I'm glad you'll have some extra money for Disneyland!!!!
I love that video... and that's awesome you got paid for it! I saw your blog linked to my sister's... your family is so cute!
That is the greatest movie... ha ha and you are quite the star!!
Fabulous! What a blessing for encouraging good visiting teaching! You never know what rewards or blessings are in store when you do the Lord's work! Yea for monetary surprises!
That is so awesome! I love free money!
This is an awesome video. Andrea told me about it and now that I've seen it, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! It's so good to see all you guys in it.
Post a Comment