
This is what Halle looked like when she woke up this morning. Yep, I pretty much freaked out! It was a little puffy and red yesterday but not horrible. Luckily I had a doctor appointment scheduled for her this morning. We went to the doctor and she was super concerned about Halle. Periorbital Cellulitis is an infection of the tissue and muscle around the eye that was caused from a sinus infection. It was a pretty traumatic doctor visit that consisted of having her blood drawn and 2 injectable shots of antibiotics. We have to take her back at 5:30 to see if the swelling has gone done at all. It's a pretty serious situation that could possibly result in hospitalizing her if it doesn't start getting better soon.
Tucker left work and him and his dad gave her a blessing. She's feeling okay but it still looks about the same. Her doctor said its contagious but wouldn't cause the same infection in someone else. Aidan has 2 ear infections and is on antibiotics for that. Not sure who passed it to who. Needless to say its been an exhausting week.
Last night she was feeling pretty okay so I wasn't about to keep her from trick-or-treating. She'd already missed 3 days of preschool, her dance class Halloween party, and the Halloween parade at my mom's school. We had a fun night and were able to trick or treat with Kyra and Adrie for a while before we went to visit my parents. Here are some cute pictures from our Halloween night.









In spite of 2 sick kids, we still managed to have a fun Halloween. I have way too much candy at my house...anyone need some? Hope you all had a fun Halloween, too.
3 comments:
I cannot believe this!!! How stressful. How did you manage to get a good blog done in the midst of all this?? I told Kecia to keep me posted, so you better pass the info from the doc on to her! I hope everything turns okay. So sorry you have to go through this!
Oh my gosh Julie!!! When I saw Halle's eye I just wanted to cry - poor thing!!! She looks so sad in that picture :( That Halle is such a trooper though. Let me know if you need anything!
Glad your Halloween was still fun though!!
Poor Halle! That's exactly how I look when I have an allergic reaction. I feel for her. I hope the swelling goes away soon. We're around this weekend, so call if you need us. I'm glad she went trick-or-treating anyway. That would have been sad if she missed out on that. We've missed her at preschool. Get better, Halle! We love you!
Post a Comment