I can't say enough good things about that hospital. The nurses and doctors were so fabulous. They bent over backwards to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to make us all comfortable, especially Halle. I think it was a little confusing for Halle because she felt fine and wasn't in any pain, yet we were putting her in the hospital. She was a little nervous and scared about all the things they were going to do but she was really brave. They put an IV in and started her on some antibiotics that night. Saturday morning they put a PICC line in which is a deeper IV that goes up her arm to her heart. They sedated her when they put that one in.
They have these Child Life Specialists that come in and talk to the kids and make them more comfortable. This lady was amazing. She brought Halle a little doll that she could take care of, like her own patient. She got to color on it and put bandages on it and even put a real IV in it just like she had. This was Halle's favorite thing. It kept her occupied for several hours.


They brought in toys for her to play with, too. She loved this pink piano and already said she'd like one for Christmas.

They have this amazing playroom that the kids there can go play in whenever they want. It was so much fun. My mom and dad came up to visit her and went to the playroom with us.







Halle was so excited when Kyra, Adrie & Bree came for a visit. They brought her a princess sticker book that kept her entertained so well when she got bored. Thanks Kecia for bringing the girls. Halle loved it!


Aidan was so good and got to stay with both Grandparents for the weekend. Halle really missed him and was excited when he came for a visit.

Avery was such a good baby and just hung out with us the whole weekend. She slept in her car seat and they hardly knew she was there. Halle liked having her sister there to keep her company.



This is how good Halle's eye looked yesterday before they sent us home. She could finally open it enough to see out of it. What a difference a day makes.


They sent us home with the PICC line in and we have to give her the IV antibiotics at home for a few days. A home health nurse came last night and showed us how to do it. We have to do it every 6 hours, and it takes 30 minutes to give each dose. Between Halle & Avery we're a little sleep deprived. Luckily it will only be a few days of it. Her doctor said that by Thurday we could try switching to an oral antibiotic and if she'll take it okay then she get the PICC line out.
It wasn't what we had planned to do with our weekend, but I honestly can't complain. After spending a weekend there it made me so grateful for healthy children. Our situation was so temporary and there were so many kids there that had been there for a long time and that wouldn't ever get better. It broke my heart for them and their families. We got to go to Sacrament Meeting there yesterday before we came home and it was really neat. The hospital has its own branch and it was so nice to step away from the hospital room and take the sacrament and feel the spirit there. It was the perfect way to end our stay.

It's really good to be back home. Halle is doing much better, she's just a little disappointed that she'll have to miss another week of preschool.
8 comments:
We are all glad that she is doing better. Kyra and Adrie have been praying for her a lot, but they are most excited that she is home so now they can play together again.
I am soooo glad to get the update! We were thinking about you and praying for you all weekend as well. Glad all is well. My cousin is a Child Life Specialist at PCMC, it's fun to talk to her about her it - talk about a meaningful job!
Julie- I feel so bad that I didn't know she was back in the hospital. We were in Idaho over the weekend. I wish me and Bailee could've came to visit her in the hospital. I'm so glad she's home though and doing better!!! give her big hugs for us!!
We have a little present for Halle we're going to bring by later :)
I told Halle's teachers about her ordeal and they felt so bad! She's definitely going to be missed at preschool this week. I'm so glad she's home and doing a little better. What a trooper! And, way to go to you and Tucker for getting through things too! How scary and emotionally draining! I'm so glad she's home. We love you, Halle!
What a weekend! I was thinking she was going to escape the hospital thing. Nothing like the hospital to make you grateful for healthy children. I'm so glad that she's doing better!!
i am so glad she is home! The pictures are cute! She is so cute to still be happy and smiling through it all! It definietly makes us appreciate our healthy kids when these things happen!
I am so glad halle is doing well. She looks like she had fun at the hospital. If you can say that about a hospital. I admire you for giving her the medicine that would be hard for me to do, but I guess as a mom you just buck up and do it right?
Wow, I cannot believe all this with Halle. What a trooper! I hope she gets better real soon. Try to get some rest too.
Post a Comment