Monday, November 26, 2007

Up & At 'Em, Bright & Early

Black Friday shopping started earlier this year than ever before! Kecia & I got to Toys R Us at 4:30 AM only to find a line wrapped around the building and down the street. We were really surprised to see so many people already there in line. We waited in line for about 30 minutes before we rushed the store floor. We were both able to get what we wanted and were out of the store by 5:30. We decided since it was still early to go check out Target. When we got there at 5:45AM there was still a long line out the door. We decided it wasn't worth waiting in another line in the cold weather. We then went to Walmart fully expecting the same situation there, but pulled into the parking lot and got front row parking. It was so bizarre...there was hardly anyone there. We walked right in the store picked up the few things that we both had wanted to get, walked the store in almost silence, seeing only a handful of other shoppers and made our way to the check out line...oh wait, there was no line. We walked right up to the cashier who informed us that it was pretty crazy an hour earlier. I didn't have it in me this year to go any where else and I figured all the good stuff would be gone by then any ways. I got home by about 6:30 and crawled into bed and got about 30 minutes of rest before Avery woke up. I love my sleep, but getting up to shop for a good deal is totally worth it! Thanks for going with me, Kec! It was way fun.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I went to Walmart too and it was so dead. It was weird! I'm glad you found what you wanted.

Chereebee said...

I'm glad that you got all the stuff that you wanted and that you had a buddy to go with!! :)