So we took Halle back to the doctor last night and the swelling had gone down a little bit, but the redness was spreading down her face. She drew a circle around her eye so she could see where the redness was and see if it was spreading or getting better. She told Halle she looked like Wishbone and Halle thought that was so funny. Her doctor wanted us to watch it over night instead of putting her in the hospital because she felt like it was getting better. Her doctor is so great. She gave me her home #, cell #, pager #, and email and said I could call her in the middle of the night if I needed to. That made me feel a lot better. We took her back this morning and although the swelling was worse (which is expected after laying down all night) the redness had gotten a lot better. She had to get 2 more shots of antibiotics which was not a pleasant experience, and then she gave us a prescription that she has to take for 10 days. Hopefully in a day or two the swelling will go away so she can open her eye again. After today she'll be able to be around other people again and won't be contagious. It's a good thing since we're blessing Avery on Sunday. What a crazy week its been. I'm ready for it to be over. Halle's been such a trooper through all this.
Here is what it looked like last night after we saw Dr. Bean. She was in much better spirits.
6 comments:
I'm so sorry about Halle--it looks awful!! But look at that cute smile...
I am so glad she's getting better!
I just love that girl - always so happy!!!
I'm glad you updated. I've been thinking about Halle all day long. I showed Adam her picture and he felt so sad for her. If she weren't contagious, we'd pack up in the car and come over and give her a big hug. I guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to do that. Let me know if we can do anything for her.
she really has been a trooper! Look at her cute smile even with it all! Sorry it has been such a crazy week!
I can't believe Halle's eye. THat is crazy. Thanks for the updates. Kecia said that she is doing better, I am glad to hear that. What a be so brave Halle.
In case you hadn't heard, we had to bring Halle in to Primary Children's on Friday night. At first, I thought Julie was over reacting, but I am glad that she stuck to her motherly instincts. It isn't fun for Halle, but she is looking MUCH better today, Saturday. Since the eye was never in pain, it was hard to take her to the hospital where they INFLICTED pain. But, she had hte IV, which hurt her a lot, but that was the last of it.
The put in a PICC Line, which is a more permanent IV that goes into a vein above her heart (through her arm). She can go home with that IV and she'll need antibiotics for 8 more days. She gets a little nervous about pushing medicine through the IV, but hopefully she will trust us to do it at home. She should be outta here by Sunday evening. I'm sure Julie will keep updating you or post a MAJOR update after we are home.
-Tucker
Post a Comment