Thursday, November 8, 2007

Staying Busy & Enjoying the Weather

This morning I had a dr. appt. at 8AM and it came awful early. Getting me and my 3 kids up and out the door by 7:45 was quite a task. I had to wake Aidan and Avery up, not something I enjoy doing. I rushed them to Grandma Judy's (Aidan still in his jammies) and left them while I went to my appointment. They love when I have appointments cause they get to play with Grandma. I'm very lucky to have a great mother-in-law that is so willing to take the kids whenever I need her to. She even calls and offers sometimes...I know, it's GREAT!

We came home and packed a lunch and met some friends at Wheeler Farm. I'm loving this warm weather and we've tried to take advantage of it as much as possible by playing outside lots this week. The kids had so much fun feeding the ducks, seeing all the animals and just running around together.

Aidan has really come out of his shell lately and loves running around and tries to keep up with the big kids. He used to just sit on my lap and watch the other kids play and now I have to actually keep track of him. He was so curious about everything and just wondered all over the place taking it all in. It was so fun to watch him.

Halle was just glad to be out of the house and playing with her friends. She is such a good sister and was always making sure Aidan was okay and having fun. She would go grab his hand and take him over to see the animals. I hope they are always good buddies.

The ducks and geese just swarmed around us, one even bit Aidan's hand to grab the bread he was holding.



Good buddies!



It's almost as if Aidan is saying, "C'mon guys, follow me!"



Avery just enjoyed the ride in the stroller!



Talking to the horse!



Kyra, Adrie, Ben, Halle & Aidan



What a cutie!



Checking out the giant wheel.



We actually got all the kids to sit down for a picture on the wagon.



Ring around the rosies...



...We all fall down!



Halle & Kyra had a great time climbing the trees!



The kids had a great time and so did the moms. It was nice being able to visit while the kids ran around and played.

I'm waiting to hear back from Halle's doctor. She is probably going to get her "pickle line" out today. We finished the last of the IV antibiotics yesterday and switched to an oral one. It's pretty nasty stuff so hopefully I can convince her to keep taking it for a few more days. She says it tastes like junk!

Well I do have Book Club at my house tonight so I better go be productive while Aidan is napping. My house is far from being presentable at this moment.

5 comments:

Chereebee said...

glad you took advantage of the weather - we've been trying to do the same since it won't last long!
Such cute pics - especially of cute little Aidan!!!! He's looking so big to me lately!!

Emilee said...

Looks like a great day! What beautiful weather you are having. :) I'm glad Halle's onto the oral antibiotics, that's got to be a relief.

Natalie said...

You've got some great pictures from the farm. Most are blow-up worthy! I love little Aidan. Adam was disappointed that he wasn't staying for his playdate the other day. I had to remind him that Aidan and Cambrie both take naps. Then I promised him that we'd have Aidan over sometime.

kecia said...

i love one of halle and kyra in the tree and the ring around the rosies one-i will have to steal them!

Brooke said...

Fun pictures! It WAS a nice day Thursday. We went there a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe how insane all the ducks and geese were! My kids were scared of them too! :)