Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On being a mom

I have lots to blog about, but thought I'd write down a conversation I just had with Halle while getting them ready for bed. It went something like this...

(I was putting diaper cream on Avery's poor red bum!)

Halle: Doesn't that feel pretty gross, mom??
Me: Yeah, but mom's have to do lots of gross stuff.
Halle: I don't want to be a mom.
Me: Why? Cause you don't want to do gross stuff?
Halle: No, cause then I wouldn't get to spend as much time with you.
Me:I still get to spend time with my mom.
Halle: Not very much though.
Me: Well that's cause I'm busy taking care of you guys. I love taking care of you and wouldn't want to be doing anything else.
Halle: You are just saying that cause that's what moms have to say to their kids!

I guess to a kid, being a mom doesn't seem very fun. One day she'll see how great it really is....even amongst the gross stuff!

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love Halle - that's a great conversation. . . and very true! I do wish I got to see my mom more. Sadie asked me the other day if I liked pretending to be a mom when I was little better than being a real mom. I guess the job isn't very glamorous looking!

Linds Forrest said...

That is so sweet that she just loves you to high heaven and is so concerned about not being with you!! What a sweet girl!

kecia said...

That is so cute! You will be so glad you took the time to write that cute conversation down!

Woodbury Fam said...

I love the things kids say! Especially about stuff that as a mom you just do. Their perspective is always priceless.

DeDee said...

Don't you love that! Zoe says she's not getting married because she always HAS to live with me. I hope she'll always feel that way (but not really do it).