Monday, August 25, 2008

Catching up...

Last week we got hit with strep throat again. This time I got it and so did Tucker, and poor Halle got it AGAIN. It was a rough week. My house and my kids both got neglected and I'm still playing catch up today. I might get to the bottom of my laundry baskets one day.

We did manage to do a few fun things in between the sick days (I had it at the beginning of the week and Tucker and Halle got it at the end of the week.)

*We went on a couple walks with our neighbor friends. The kids love riding their bikes and it provides a little exercise for the moms.


Taking a break after a long walk.


*I went to dinner and a movie with my cute friends that I grew up with. It was exactly what I needed after being home sick for 3 days. We had good talks, good news, good laughs, and good food.
(this picture is actually from last summer, but I forgot my camera this time!)


*Thursday we met some friends at the park... (Mary, how did you escape all my pictures??)






*Saturday was our Primary Water Party. I think it went okay, but not exactly as we had planned. Our primary president had her baby a little early than planned and so we had to scramble to get things put together that she was planning on doing. It worked out though. We had 2 big blow up slides that the kids played on after doing our other relays and activities. Poor Halle only made it about half way through before feeling too sick to stay.






*Yesterday we celebrated my dad's birthday with my whole family (minus Tucker & Halle who didn't want to spread there strep with everyone). We had a bbq and played outside and visited.

Happy Birthday (early), Dad!


Aidan being weird...as usual.


My mom played baseball with Aidan and Colby.




Derrick hanging out with Aidan and Colby!

Thanks for a great dinner, mom, it was a fun night. I'm REALLY going to miss these long summer evenings.

12 comments:

Chereebee said...

sorry to hear you guys got sick again - that is no fun! At least you were still able to do some fun things :)

Natalie said...

I'm sorry you guys ahve had the sickies at your house. Yucky! I'm glad you still squeezed in some fun. Your mom is so cute to get out there and play baseball with her grandsons. She's a cute grandma. Happy birthday to your dad.

Terry Family said...

I'm sorry you guys have been sick so much. That's no fun--especially not fair in the summer!

Linds Forrest said...

How cool you and all those girls are all still close!! You have so many fun adventures!! Happy Birthday to your Dad, he is such an amazing man. Sorry you got strep, that totally sucks! By the way... Who is Alisa on your side blog? I have been following her cancer story through another blog and then I noticed her on yours. (Yes I am a blog stalker)

Woodbury Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woodbury Fam said...

I am sorry to hear you guys have been sick. Hopefully it will all be over soon.

Woodbury Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woodbury Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

All you need is for Halle to start school and bring home some new/different germs!!! Thank goodness I escaped the park photos! I love that pic of you and Avery at your moms, and Scott wore that exact outfit on Sunday too. I know it wasn't the best week, but it looks like you had a lot of fun anyway!

DeDee said...

So glad you guys are on the mend...we've missed you on some our "outings". That picute of Halle (the one w/her and Kyra) cracks me up!

kecia said...

I love the weird face of Aiden's-he is hilarious! I hope you are all done with the nasty strep! I already want it to be summer again!

Todd and Lisa said...

Sorry about you all getting strep throat. That's terrible! I'm glad you're feeling better now. When does Halle start kindergarten? Did she start yet? Audrey started on Monday and loves it! I can't believe we're old enough to have kids in school! Crazy.