Monday, August 11, 2008

A New Week

Last week wasn't the WORST week of my life, but I am certainly happy it is over. I didn't have my car for 2 whole days, and actually it wasn't horrible. I wish I could say that I got a lot accomplished in those two days, but mostly we just had some down time. Aidan's little sick bug only lasted about 24 hours and it wasn't all that bad (nothing compared to THIS night). Unfortunately, Halle got sick a couple days later.

She had planned to sleep over at my mom and dad's house on Thursday night. We met my mom for lunch at Cafe Rio and then she went home with my mom afterward. A few hours later my mom called and said that Halle had a fever and was acting REALLY tired. I talked to her on the phone and asked her if she wanted me to come get her. She started crying cause she really wanted to stay, but she felt pretty awful. She decided to come home and try the sleepover another night. She was very disappointed because my parents were planning on taking her to do some back to school shopping that night. She came home and went to bed really early (like around 7PM) and slept until 8AM the next morning. Her fever came and went all day and she just layed around the house.

We had plans to go to the Bees game that night with all of Tucker's family and she really wanted to to go. She did start acting better a few hours before we were to leave. So at 5 o'clock we left and went to Tucker's parents to have dinner with everyone before the game. When we got there I noticed Halle's tongue was WHITE as could be. She was complaining that her throat her quite a bit. I kept her away from all the cousins and we called Tucker's brother, Chad, who is a pediatrician. We explained her symptoms and he had us get a flashlight out and look in her throat, yep he suspected Strep. So he called in a prescription for an antibiotic. Tucker took Aidan to the game with everyone else and Halle, Avery and I headed to the pharmacy. I was very grateful that we didn't have to make a trip to InstaCare that night. We stopped and got a Jamba Juice on our way home and called it a night. Luckily the antibiotics kicked in quick and by the next morning she was back to her self, feeling much better.

My parents came and got her and took her shopping on Saturday. They were gone for about 4 hours....I still can't believe my dad went shopping for that long. He HATES it. What a trooper. They came home with a new back pack (filled with lots of school supplies), 2 new pair of shoes and a new outfit. Halle was ecstatic. The only instructions I gave my mom was NO character backpack. However, she caved and bought some Hannah Montana shoes. Halle was so funny, when I picked her up she said, "Mom, your gonna want to take these ones back, huh!" Then later she said "I'm going to hide these when we get home so you can't return them!" So I guess my daughter will be wearing her Hannah Montana shoes to school this year and nothing could make her happier. Thanks for taking her, Mom and Dad. She had a great time!

Yesterday we had lunch with my family and dinner with Tucker's. I love Sunday's when I don't have to think about cooking a single meal. We got to spend some time this weekend with our sister-in-law, Kathy and her kids that are visiting from Virginia. Tucker's brother couldn't come out with them, but we are glad that the kids got to play with their cousins.

Avery decided that she's big enough to start walking. She took a couple steps this weekend on 3 different occasions. She has mastered her walker and pushes it around the house all day. She loves it.

Well that brings us to today. I get to have lunch with my grandma and all my cousins and then we have to take Halle in for her Kindergarten shots. Halle is quite stressed about it. Hopefully we all survive. Wish us luck!

**There are no pictures to this post because somehow my camera grew legs and walked away....I'm sure Aidan had something to do with it, but he's not been any help finding it!!**

9 comments:

DeDee said...

I refuse to believe Avery is big enough to walk. I wish they would just all stop growing up so fast!

Glad you're all on the mend!

kecia said...

I agree with DeDee-I can't believe she is taking steps on her own and walking with the walker! That is crazy! I am glad Halle is feeling better and I am also glad your mom bought her the Hannah shoes to help fill her want for a character backpack! That's great!

ashley said...

you should have enrolled Avery in the Ashley Murray class of teaching children not to walk. I have high hopes for Chloe. Here's shooting for at least a year everyone! ( i have crazy earlier walkers too and know the pain)We had that same sickness a few weeks back. At least it is short lived.

Chereebee said...

oh man, sounds like you have been stuck with the sick bug at your house too! That is no fun! Glad everyone is feeling better though :)
How cute are your mom and dad to take Halle school shopping - that is such a fun idea! Bailee BEGGED me for Hannah Montana shoes this year too (I HATE character anything too) but I gave in and she is in heaven with her shoes :)
We sure miss seeing you guys! We'll for sure meet for lunch or something when we're there in a few weeks :)

Mark said...

That is neat you had lunch at Cafe Rio.

Todd and Lisa said...

I'm glad things are getting beack to normal---poor you and your poor kids! Good luck with the shots. I had to pin Audrey down so she could get hers. Fun stuff. At least you always have a good sense of humor when you're going through these things!

Mary said...

Yay for antibiotics! Glad Halle's doing better. I think character shoes are MUCH better than a backpack - a little less obvious. And, they'll get dirty so fast who will even be able to see Hannah after the 2nd week of school? Halle's response to the shoes is classic. And, I can't believe the news about Avery - craziness!

Mary said...

Oh yeah, is Aidan having a meltdown today because he's so worried about Halle's shots????? :)

Woodbury Fam said...

I can't believe Avery is walking. Oh good luck! I am so glad that Halle is feeling better. It sounds like an awesome school shopping time with your parents!