Sunday, September 7, 2008

8 YEARS



(my scanner isn't working great, so these pictures aren't the best quality!)

Eight years ago today, Tucker and I got married. Looking back at these pictures reminds me what an exciting day that was. We look so young! I thought I'd write down a few memories I have of that day...

*Forgetting my recommend...good thing my dad was my bishop.

*Sitting in the celestial room with Tucker before the ceremony. No nerves, just calm and excited.

*Having both sets of grandparents there. My grandpa wasn't in great health and passed away 2 months later. I cherish the pictures I have of him from our wedding.

*Dancing with Tucker, and then dancing with my dad. I think we both cried.

*My mom stressing because someone stole our guest book...she had to go buy a new one that wasn't very nice, but was all she could find. I remember not caring, and still don't.

*Not liking our wedding cake. It wasn't what I wanted, but oh well!

*Talking to my closest friends right before leaving the reception...they gave me great advice! ;)

*Driving away from the reception center and turning around to see my dad sobbing. It was heart breaking...I was the first of his children to get married. I'll never forget that.

*Stopping to get our car washed (it was covered in oreo's and bologne, I think!?) and food at Taco Bell (it made us both sick!) on our way to the Anniversary Inn.

I love being married to my best friend. I love that he knows me so well. I love his sense of humor. I love that his family is his first priority. He's an amazing father. He loves his kids and loves to be with them. I love that he makes me a better person. I've learned so much from him. He's amazing. I love that we have each other....forever!

I love you, Tucker!

19 comments:

Todd and Lisa said...

Oooohhh! Happy Anniversary! You both look really young in your pictures. I look back at ours and wonder how our parents ever let us get married---we looked like we were 12! I remember your reception was really beautiful and that you were wearing some cute tennis shoes!

Mary said...

Love it, love it, love it! I'm so happy to see some cute wedding photos - I'd love to see more one day! You do look so young. Such good memories too, how great to have them written down. Those little funny memories will mean so much! Happy Anniversary!!!

Emilee said...

You DO look young. I guess 8 years & 3 kids will do that to a person but you are as beautesque as ever!!

Brooke said...

Aahahh! Beautesque. I remember how I love that word, Em!! :) Happy Anniversary to you lovebirds. What a happy day!

BS and the Kids said...

Congrats! What an awesome milestone. You were a beautiful bride. It is so fun to look and reminisce about the wedding day.

Linds Forrest said...

Happy Anniversary! That is so sweet. The best was you forgeting your recommend, ha ha!! Such happy times!

Natalie said...

That brought back memories for me too. I remember standing by your dad when you and Tucker drove away and watching him cry. That was certainly a special moment that I won't forget. Happy anniversary!

Terry Family said...

I love the pics! Wish i could've been there...I missed out on all the weddings while i was on my mission. oh well. What's up with the guest book anyway? Honestly, does anyone EVER look at that?

Woodbury Fam said...

Congratulations. You guys looked so cute! What great memories.

Prilla said...

Congratulations Julie. Our 10th is coming up in a week and a half. I can't believe how fast the time goes.

Chereebee said...

happy 8 years!!! You guys look so young and so cute!
Hope you were able to do something fun!

Steve & Becky said...

Happy Anniversary!! Time sure flies by doesn't it...

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment ;)

Michelle C said...

Yay. Happy Anniversary. What cute pics. Glad you scanned them in. They're fun to see. And I love the pics of your kids on the side. Really cute.

Tucker said...

Aww memories...mine include (I'm sure Julie will LOVE these ones):

-Forgetting black socks! So, after the wedding I ran to Target to buy some.

-Embarrassing Julie when she was getting her hair "fixed" for the reception by saying "Sorry I messed it up so much, we were totally making out the last few hours". (you think I was joking?)

-Having a splitting migraine during the entire reception and my doctors nurse came through the line and offered me a Demerol shot! Greatest wedding gift I got.

-Throwing UP from the Taco Bell

-Working hand in hand with my best friend Jer to try and hide my car, because I was determined for it to NOT get oreoed because of my splitting migraine.

-Julie running into a friend on Temple Square AFTER we were married and she introduced me as her fiancee (or was it boyfriend?)

-And my greatest memory is how Julie and her mom were booking the reception center as I was at their house asking Julie's dad for permission to marry her. It was the first "real" conversation I'd ever had with him and everyone felt so bad for me thinking he would scare me away or something. It was good times though.

That's about all I remember, mostly because of the drugs...(j/k people, geez).

P.S-Jules, if you would have told me the scanner wasn't working well, I could have fixed it for you...I'm at least good for something around here.

Happy Anniversary!!! Three days into our 8 years and we're doing well. I'm quite proud...good job us!

GOOOOO CYCLONES (that was for Halle)

Tucker said...

Watch how quickly Julie posts a new blog entry just to keep you all distracted from my comments.

DeDee said...

Funny...I thought Chris was the only one who would stop to wash the car before Anniversary Inn.

Congrats guys!

kecia said...

LOVE it! I am behind on blogging and just saw these! How fun! You guys look so cute adn young! I love Tucker's memories too!It is fun to learn new things about you.

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Whoa!! You is that cute young couple?? No sleep deprived circles under the eyes... must be newlyweds! Love the post! So cute! I love Tuckers comments too! Happy Anniversary!