
Today Halle started Kindergarten. She's been so excited to start school, but also a little nervous. Last week we met her teacher and I think that made her (and me) feel a lot better. I asked her what she wanted to do to get ready for school and the only thing she said was "Read the Kissing Hand story." We've read it lots of times before, but I've never gotten so emotional as I did last night. It's such a cute story and is one of Halle's favorites.

I also gave Halle this cute Hello Kitty alarm clock last night. I helped her set it to the right time and then showed her how to turn the alarm on and off. She was super excited to wake up all on her own.

After getting all ready for school, I made crepes for breakfast. I have never been great about making big breakfasts for my kids, they're more of cereal and toast lovers, but we all enjoyed these yummy crepes. They're really quick and easy so we'll be making them more often I'm sure.

Halle is really excited that she gets to ride the bus to school this year, but we both agreed that I'd take her on the first day...I think this was more for my sake than hers. We got to school and she went and hung up her backpack and we took some pictures of her class.
Showing off her pink backpack that she picked out with Grandma Marianne.

Here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Lightfoot.

This is her seat.

Then we walked outside to wait for the bell to ring. She found her best friend, Kyra and after taking their picture they ran off to play on the playground. Kyra was so cute to introduce Halle to all her first grade friends. I was so impressed. I think it made Halle feel really good, too!

Here she is lined up with her class. She was looking a little nervous, but I knew she'd do great! I held back my tears until she couldn't see me any more. I walked to the car and already missed her like crazy.

We came home and put Avery down for her nap and then Aidan and I played with the playdough and Floam for a while. He only asked where Halle was about 3 times. The time went by really fast and before I knew it we were putting our shoes on and heading out the door to meet her at the bus.

Aidan rode his bike down the street to the bus stop, he was so excited to see Halle.

Waiting for the bus!

Despite all my worries, she made it home safely on the bus.
She was so cute to tell Aidan all about her day as they walked home together.
When I asked what her favorite thing was she told me ALL about the Bear Hunt that they got to go on. They made these cute bear masks and then had to go hunt for the class bear that "magically" disappeared. It was a great way for them to get a tour of the whole school and she thought it was so fun to find him on the playground.

We went to McDonald's for lunch (her choice) where she continued to tell me all about her day. I was excited that she gave me LOTS of details cause I had lots of questions.



I'm so glad that she had such a fun day. It makes it a lot easier to send her back again tomorrow. She made a few new friends and found a couple friends from her preschool. She's really excited to go back tomorrow and ride the bus with all the other kids.


14 comments:
Wow--I'm still having a hard time believing our girls are old enough to go to kindergarten! Sounds like she had so much fun. You're such a great mom to make her first day so special. And an alarm clock?!!! I am going to get one for Audrey---that is a great idea!
What a cute post. I'm glad Halle liked Kindergarten. I think Kindergarten is a magical place. I gave Abram a "kissing hand" every day last year, and he still wants them every morning when he leaves for school. It is funny how much you miss them, though.
So exciting for cute Halle! I'm glad it was such a good first day. And, I'm definitely impressed by your crepe breakfast before 8am! What time did you get up??? That sounds so yummy right now. Kissing Hand is a fav around here too. Way to go Julie and Halle!
She looks so grown up! Yay that it was a good day for both of you. And like Mary, I am super impressed by your crepe-making. You are supermom!
Will you make me some crepes tommorrow? and the next day?
Halle looks so cute and so happy in all the pictures! What a fun day! I think Kyra has been as excited as Halle that she started school. Kyra told me those bear masks are what the 1st graders made for the kindergarteners. I am impressed with Kyra introducing all her friends too and I was happy to hear that she did that! Way to make it through the big day!
I think that yours and Brooke's posts are so funny. You talk about Halle going on and on about her day and Brooke couldn't get two words out of Brandon. That is just so typical of boys and girls. Seeing her sitting at her desk actually made me nervous about Jake's big day. 1 YEAR FROM NOW!!!
Thanks for documenting EVERY step of her first day. She's so dang cute!! What a big day for the whole family- quite the adjustment for sure. I still don't think you're old enough to have one in kindergarten.
Darling pictures! How fun to document the entire day. Halle is so dang pretty! What a darling girl. Thinking about Kindergarten makes me so dang sad already. You are a great mOM!
She is so pretty Julie!! What a cute girl, and I love how cute she looks walking with Aiden back home.
She looks so cute. I can't believe she is already in school. Emma is so excited to have her ride the bus with her.
hooray for Halle!!! Oh she looks so super cute!! It makes me sad that Halle and Bailee don't go to the same school :( Bailee sure misses her.
I love that you bought her a cute little alarm clock :)
I'm so impressed that Halle remembered details about her school day. Adam? Not so much. Details kind of trickled out throughout the day. It drove me crazy! I love her picture with Kyra. Doesn't it make it easier knowing she has an older friend at school watching out for her?
Halle looks so cute! Her hair is getting so long! Hailey loves the book The Kissing Hand also, when she comes home from school she asks me if I put the hand she made for me on my face for a kiss.
Looks like a fun first day! I love that Kindergarden is short... next year will be really hard! Halle looks so cute in her school girl dress!
Post a Comment