We've made it 24 hours at our house with NO binky! Yesterday morning Aidan lost it again and instead of looking for it, I just told him it was lost and we were going to be a big boy now. He cried for a bit until I distracted him with Diego and some fruit snacks. Then when nap time rolled around he was not very happy about having a nap without his binky. He cried for a while and got out of bed a few times but he eventually gave in and fell asleep.Then before putting him to bed last night, Tucker found the binky but I held my ground and didn't tell Aidan that we found it. He didn't cry but it sure took him a long time to fall asleep. It was kind of sad, but hopefully the worst of it is behind us.
Over the weekend I decided to ween Avery. She'll be one next week and I was worried she wasn't getting enough fluids during the day. So I switched her over to whole milk and she loves it. I thought I'd be more sad about it, but actually I was really happy to be done with the whole nursing thing...for now. I realized that this is the first time in over 3 years that I haven't been either pregnant or nursing. My body is actually mine again. Now its time to whip it back into shape. I've got A LOT of work to do.
9 comments:
Great job holding your ground! I love when I can check those big things off my list of dreaded things to be done. It sounds like both big moments turned out better than expected - seems like that's usually the case - it always sounds worse than it is! Congrats to you, Aidan and Avery, growing up is a big job!!!
way to go on the binki! That is SO hard to do!! Avery looks SO big standing there like that-I can't believe it! Way to go-growing up is hard!
I love that conversation with Halle--she cracks me up! And good job holding your ground with the binky thing (and with weaning Avery). Those are the things, besides potty training, I dread the most about being a mom. Good job!
I could hardly believe that picture is of Avery! She looks so big. Congratulations on all the changes at your house.
Wow Julie Avery suddenly looks like such a BIG girl! I can't believe that she's almost 1!!!
Ahhh the binkey.. I feel your pain. It was a tough thing with Sophie. Emma never sucked anything, but continually smells her blanket (which she still has at 5 and I don't have the heart to take away, yet.) I know terrible.
hooray for Aidan!!! That is so great!!!
okay, so is Avery walking now?!?!?
Way to go, it is such a hard sad thing. We had the same thing happen with Kate this very week. But instead, I looked for the thing for about 45 minutes and couldn't find it and she ended up in bed with us all night. Then, to top it off Tanner found it in the FRIDGE? the next morning, but I decided we were done. Now, I have to work on getting her to go to sleep, your miles ahead of me.
He's doing great...Zoe was 3!
Post a Comment