Saturday, June 21, 2008

Thanksgiving Point

My dad invited us to go to his work party this week at Thanksgiving Point. My kids had a lot of fun playing at the Dinosaur Museum, seeing all the farm animals, going on pony rides, and eating a yummy dinner that was far too fancy for a 2 year old little boy! (I think my dad will think twice before inviting us to his next work party!) Halle was SO excited that she got to meet President Monson. She wanted to shake his hand and when my dad took her up to meet him he said, "I think I should give you a high five!" He's so cute! It made her day.

I took lots of pictures...ENJOY!

My kids were quite fascinated by the goats for some reason!

Aidan was a little scared to get too close and just as I had finished telling him that they couldn't get him, this little guy stuck his head out right in Aidan's face. It was really funny, in a "I probably shouldn't be laughing at my child right now" sort of way!


This baby goat was only 4 hours old when we saw him. He was so cute.




Marianne got a little crazy and decided to ride this sheep!



The pony ride was Aidan's favorite thing!




Several people have told me they think Aidan looks like my brother, Erik.




My mom teaches 4th grade and she was totally in her element with the dinosaurs.



Diggin' for bones!





Who doesn't love a nice family picture with a giant shark mouth behind them. So picturesque!

Thanks for a fun night, Dad!


13 comments:

Chereebee said...

how fun! I love Aidan on the pony! I'm sure Carter would love that too! How cute of pres. Monson to give Halle a high five!!!

Mary said...

Ummm, first of all, why the heck are you blogging at 6:52 on a Saturday morning????

Now, what a fun outing! I've always dreamed of a family photo with a giant shark mouth. . . maybe one day we'll be so lucky. That baby goat it so cute, and so are the pictures of your family.

Wendi said...

What a fun day!! I love the pics, especially the one of your mom on the sheep! Its been a while since I've been to Thanksgiving Point, best go.

Wendi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Todd and Lisa said...

That's such a cute story about Halle with Pres. Monson---she's such a doll! Looks like it was a fun night. Thanksgiving Point must be a great place to take your kids---we'll have to go there next time we're up.

Brooke said...

Looks like so much fun! That baby goat is adorable. And that's so awesome about meeting Pres. Monson!

Also, I had a big chuckle and guffaw about the shark backdrop. Just photoshop Tucker in and that could very well be your Christmas card photo.

Tucker said...

So, I guess I'm no longer part of "the family", since the picture in front of the shark does not include me. Whatev-

I'm going to go take my OWN picture in front of a giant mouth of Julie.

Tucker said...

Tucker, are you saying I have a giant mouth??

Natalie said...

That's so neat that Halle got to meet Pres. Monson! Great pictures. It looks like a really fun night.

DeDee said...

I'll have to add that to my summer "to-do" list (it's getting pretty long...yikes!)

Emilee said...

I love the picture of the goat sticking it's head through the fence.

Woodbury Fam said...

We love Thanksgiving Point! There are so many fun things to do there. I love the goat moment!

Wendy A said...

What a cute story for Halle to tell for the rest of her life! I love the pics of your mom and dad. You've been tagged--see my blog!