
I thought I'd write down a few things that Avery is doing at 9 months because my "mommy brain" won't remember them if I don't!
I think this age between 9 months and a year is my favorite. I love watching their personalities really start to develop. It seems like they learn things so quickly at this age and change overnight almost. She is getting so big so fast and I can't believe she's crawling all over. She's also pulling herself up onto her knees and is SO curious about everything. She experiences everything through her mouth...everything goes in it.
I took her to her 9 month check up this week and she's definitely growing:
18 lbs. 5 oz and 27 inches
She has 5 teeth now, 3 on top (almost 4) and 2 on bottom. I didn't realize she had the 3rd one of top until my pediatrician pointed it out. No wonder she hasn't been a very happy camper the last couple of days. She's still eating baby food (what she doesn't spit up, that is) and is a really good eater. I'm anxious to move past the baby food, the bright orange spit up is getting SO old!
My doctor recommended that I take her to see this chiropractor for her spitting up issue. Usually kids grow out of it by now or it at least it gets better once they start solids but hers has definitely gotten much worse. I'm a little hesitant about it, so I think we'll just go in for a consult first and then decide if we'll do it. My doctor has seen pretty drastic results with other patients so I'm willing to look into it.
We're still working on getting a full nights sleep. She's such a good baby during the day, but has a rough time sleeping through the night still. She still wakes up usually once and has a hard time putting herself back to sleep. Hopefully she'll figure it out soon. I'm not THAT stressed about it cause Aidan is waking up during the night also, so I wouldn't be getting a decent night's sleep any way. A part of me enjoys the quiet time at night, just the 2 of us. I KNOW I'll miss it one day.
I was just realizing that this is how old Aidan was when we got pregnant with this sweet little girl! Yikes! I won't say it hasn't been challenging at times, but I wouldn't change it either!
Well I guess I'll share a few recent pictures of Avery. It's not as easy getting pictures of her now that she's mobile and crawling all over the place. She doesn't sit still very long any more! That stage sure didn't last very long.
The high chair has proven to be the best way to confine her to one spot.

My Grandma and Avery


My brother loves Avery!

I love giving Avery kisses, squishing her chubbies, listening to her laugh out loud, watching her play with her brother and sister, seeing her clap and shake her body to music. I love hearing her say "Ma Ma Ma Ma" or "Da Da Da Da". I love when she shakes her head from side to side and laughs when she's tired. What's not to LOVE about this happy girl!

11 comments:
It's hard to believe how fast she's growing! I love squishing her chubbies too! She's such a cutie.
Such a gorgeous little babe! 9 months is one of my favorite ages too. She's going to be walking before you know it!
Add me to the list of people who love squishing her chubs. She's growing so quickly!! This was fun to read.
What a cute little sweetheart!
What a beautiful baby! How funny that you mention a chiropractor for the spitting up. I went to a group meeting at my chiro. tonight & learned some amazing things! It won't hurt to at least receive a consultation. Good luck!
She's so adorable! OK, here's my two cents: see a GI doc if you're concerned. Have they tried anything for reflux?
What a doll! I just love those legs and cheeks. She is looking more and more like Halle.
so cute! She is changing way too fast. I love her little yellow dress. She is such a doll!
so cute! She is changing way too fast. I love her little yellow dress. She is such a doll!
Julie is not concerned about the chiro, but I am. I am VERY skeptical of these guys. I've been referred to them for years for my migraines and I won't let them touch me. The problem is they do whatever they do and then make you come back 20 times. It is just a rathole of money...but, the guy we are seeing is good and is the chiro for all the major sports in town. But, I want to know EXACTLY what he will do BEFORE he does it.
I know I have my own weird opinions, but they are just MY OPINIONS, so if you don't agree, that's okay. I'm just not a chiro fan, but I have also never been too one. I guess we will see soon.
Could she be any cuter - seriously!!! You dress her so dang cute!
Post a Comment