Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

Although it snowed and was cold, we still had a fun weekend. Here are some of the highlights!

* We had dinner at Crown Burger. Oh so yummy, but I need to run 15 miles to undo those calories. :(

* We watched Dan in Real Life...it's a good one. It was really different than what I was expecting, but I really liked it. We also watched August Rush earlier in the week. I really LOVED that one. We don't make it to the theater much, so I get really excited for movies to come out on DVD! Oh, have I mentioned how much I love Redbox? Tucker knows how to get all the free codes so we haven't paid to rent a movie in a REALLY long time. It's great!

* Halle & Aidan went to Brandon's "Super" fun Birthday party...they went through Super Hero Training Camp and passed with "flying" colors. They came home with capes, masks, badges & candy. Thanks, Brooke. It was awesome!


* I finally bought some baby food for Avery. Still haven't tried it yet, but I'm one step closer. I'm not looking forward to the orange stained face & clothes.


* Tucker bought a new Wii game, Super Smash Brothers Brawl. It's really fun, but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing and Halle seems to have it figured out better than Tucker and I. (Erin, we're ready to play!)

* Got new bedding for our bed. I really like it, but Tucker's not sold yet! Change is hard!

* Tucker put up new closet doors in the office. It looks much better when you can close off the clutter. Now he can have his clients over in a less chaotic environment.

* We made it to Stake Conference 30 minutes early and barely got a seat. We had the pleasure of having two Apostles there. Elder Ballard and Elder Wirthlin spoke, as well as Jon Hunstman of the Seventy. It was a great meeting. We were in very cramped quarters and Aidan got a little bit stir crazy, but we survived.

* I made Lettuce Wraps for lunch today and they were so good. Here's the easy recipe. Thanks, Wendy! We loved 'em!

* We had a great dinner with Tucker's family tonight (we missed you Natalie & Cambrie!). They make dinner for everyone on the 3rd Sunday and it's always delicious. Tonight was Italian night....lasagna, ravioli, pizza, ceasar salad, & bread, of course. They just got back from Hong Kong, so we got to see lots of fun pictures and hear all about their travels there. They brought back fun souvenirs for the whole family. Halle got these super cute jammies, Avery got some, too and Aidan got a cool shirt that he insisted on putting on over his other shirt. Thanks, Gary & Judy! We're so glad you're back!

Halle's new jammies!

And, that's a wrap!

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun and productive weekend! Your Princesses on Ice also looked like a blast. I'm excited to take Haylee to things like that.

Tucker said...

it isn't necessarily the bedding I don't like, it is the headboard and footboard (which you failed to mention that new install) my leg is going to be bruised for the next few days while I get used to it jutting out into my walking path.

kecia said...

love love love the new bedding! You are turning into quite the homemaker on sundays lately-I wish it would rub off on me!

Mary said...

Are you kidding that you made lettuce wraps for LUNCH on Sunday? My kids are lucky to get anything to eat after church, I'm usually ready to send to straight to their rooms for a nap!!! I'm impressed. Sadie has a dress made out of that same material from Hong Kong! Must be a popular one. Sounds like a great weekend, I'm jealous!

Natalie said...

I'll have to try those lettuce wraps. We've been getting them from Chili's to Go and they're so yummy! Speaking of food, anytime you want to go to Crown Burger, call us. I love their fries and fry sauce. Mmmm. I'm sorry I missed dinner last night too. I LOVE the jammies G & J brought back for the girls. Oh, and I love the new bedding! It's really cute.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

It's on Julie! I'll email your our little friend code thing and we'll figure out how to connect to each other sometime! Oh, and don't worry, I think Mason smashing the buttons is better at it than I am. It's hard, but it's fun. I like to be Pichachu. :)

Oh, and we discovered the wonderfulness this weekend that is searching out and renting your DVD at home on the internet through Redbox, then going to pick it up at the location - already reserved and paid for! No more driving around to a million different places trying to find the movie you want!

Brooke said...

What a full weekend for you guys! I'm liking the new "spread", it kind of looks like mine--I love the brown. And I love lettuce wraps...are they easy to make? I'll have to check out that recipe. Fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute mom with such a great life! I love to read what you are up to! Sounds like the weekend was a great one. My fam loves "Super Smash Bros" too!

Princesses on ice looked like a great time!

Linds Forrest said...

What an awesome weekend!! Halle is so stinkin cute in her Japanese outfit. Did you like Dan in Real Life? I have been wanting to see that! And those lettuce wraps look fantastic, I am now inspired by you to try and make them!!

Woodbury Fam said...

Looks like tons of fun. Princesses on Ice looks fun too. I had to change the channel everytime the commercials came on, because I just couldn't take Emma this time. Those Lettuce wraps look awesome! I am amazed your kids will eat lettuce. Mine won't.

Tucker said...

actually, the kids had hot dogs. We didn't even offer them any of the lettuce wraps. We are kind of bad parents, huh?

Wendi said...

What a great weekend! Love Halle's new kimono jammies. Lettuce Wraps??!! I have been wanting to try a new recipe. Thanks.