Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Avery at 6 Months

I know...already? How? When? Where does the time go? I'm having anxiety attacks about my kids growing up in front of my eyes and I can't do anything to slow it down.

I love this age so much. I love watching her little personality reveal itself. I love how happy she is ALWAYS. She is always smiling and hardly ever makes a peep. She's content doing whatever we're doing (poor things spends many hours in her car seat!) and just goes with the flow. I couldn't have picked a better baby for my 3rd!

Avery has 2 teeth already. Her bottom middle two popped in about a month ago and she loves to bite down on anything she can get her little hands on, she's quite ravenous about it, actually!

I took her to the doctor yesterday and my chubby girl is surprisingly my smallest baby. Crazy.

Her stats:
15 lbs. 10 oz. (50th %)
26 inches (65th %)

I love my pediatrician. She's so great. We were laughing as we remembered Halle at this age weighing 20 lbs already. Oh, she was a chubby baby! So funny.

Avery has pretty much figured out sitting up now. I love when they figure this out so they can sit up and play and see what's going on. I can only imagine how boring it must be, staring at the ceiling all day.

Yesterday I gave her a tiny bit of rice cereal. She was shaking with excitement and wouldn't stop trying to grab the spoon to feed herself. She seemed to really like it, but about 4 minutes into the process she spit it all up. (She has reflux issues.) This is EXACTLY why I've been putting off feeding her baby food. Oh well, I guess we'll ease into it. Maybe we'll try it again tonight. (Halle took some pictures & video of the "first feeding" but she somehow figured out how to erase all of them shortly after taking them. She was really sad. We'll take pictures of the "second feeding" and just pretend they were the first...no worries, Hal!)

Avery was sleeping through the night until about a month ago. Not sure what happened there, but now I think she's just waking up out of habit. I hate that. We're working on getting a full nights sleep again.

Here are some recent pics of Avery...

I just love this cute little expression.

She loves her toes...she gets her flexibility from me, for sure!

Loving sisters.

I love her chubby hands.

Bree and Avery...the best of friends already.
(Not that they have much say in the matter, right Kec!)

Bree kept pulling her bow off...Avery didn't mind.

Halle actually took this picture. She's really good at reminding me to get my camera out.

12 comments:

kecia said...

ok I am stealing those pictures of Bree and Avery-they are so cute! This is why you can never move because Bree will need a cute little friend to watch out for her-even if she is trying to steal things from her. seriously i LOVE Avery's chubby hands! She is such a doll! I can't believe she is so big all of a sudden! Oh yeah and could you teach us how to be that flexible?!

Emilee said...

Those are some adorable pictures of your sweetie!! Thanks for sharing them!

Natalie said...

I love, love, love those pictures of Avery. I can't believe she's 6 months already. She is the sweetest little girl. I need to come over and just play with her and hold her and get my baby fix.

Brooke said...

Love me some Avery! I also can't believe she's already 6 months old...and you know how much I love her chubby hands. I could eat them.

Aly said...

Hi Julie..
This is Aly Berrett(Heidi Durham's little sister). I just wanted to write how much I enjoy your blog. Your kids are beautiful and it's so fun to read. Just thought I would let you know.

Tucker said...

Jules. Put up a picture of Halle when she was little and chubby in there, so everyone can see the difference between Avery and Halle.

Tucker said...

Oh. And by the way, isn't she "Our" daughter?

QUOTE:
"I couldn't have picked a better baby for MY 3rd!"

Oh well, I'm just the dad.

Mark said...

Dads get no credit.

Mary said...

Credit is given where credit is due! :)

I can't believe this! 6 months already! Sweet Avery is such a doll. I really can't get over what a good baby YOU have. Such a fun age too!

Wendi said...

Where did the time go?! Avery is darling. My favorite picture is of her sitting in that pink seat. She is just one cute little ball of chubby love. Life is so much more enjoyable with that in a home!

Lindsey said...

She is darling. When was she born? She must have been just after Haylee, who will be seven months on Saturday. Crazy!

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

oh Julie she is adorable! All of your kids are! I can't believe she is 6 months old already!