Friday, March 21, 2008

CoLoRiNg EgGs

Because my mom is out of school for Spring Break, she invited Halle to have a sleepover with her on Thursday night. This is Halle's favorite thing, probably because Grandma & Grandpa spoil her. They watch movies, do manicures, eat lots of treats, read fun books (being a school teacher, she has the BEST collection of books), play games and she always has a bubble bath. Grandma also lets her stay up much later than mom and dad do. If I hang out for even 5 minutes when dropping her off, she asks me when I'm going to leave. When I pick her up, she always says "Already?" Do I feel missed? Not at all?

Today my mom had us over to color easter eggs at her house. My sister-in-law, Alissa, came over with her 2 boys, Colby & Zach. My mom made 3 dozen hard boiled eggs. The kids managed to spill 2 cups of dye in the first 12 seconds. Surprised? No! They all had fun and colored all 36 eggs in about 15 minutes.

Halle thought every egg should be pink.

Why use a spoon?



Colby & Alissa

Zach & Grandma

Avery had fun entertaining herself while we colored eggs.

Grandma & the kids!

Just a sampling of their colorful masterpieces.


Thanks for letting us make the mess at your house, Mom!



5 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

your mom is just too cute! I bet she adores having all those grandkids so nearby! & yes I am so excited about that contest!! I am thinking of a post to write about it right now!

Brooke said...

FUN! Great pictures. We are making that mess at my house today....Happy Easter!

Natalie said...

That's what the kids and I are doing this afternoon. Your mom is such a cute grandma.

Lindsay Kay said...

So much fun! Leann and Talya were here this last week and we did all the Easter crafts with them. It's nice to be around family during holidays.

Avery is such a doll! I bet you just want to eat her up all the time!

kecia said...

how cute! your picttures turned out really good! Isn't egg dying a messy adventure?