Monday, October 8, 2007

Yummy Fall Recipes

I love everything about fall, especially the yummy food. I thought I'd share a couple of my favorite fall recipes!

Tortellini Soup
(I love making soup in the fall and this is one of my very favorite soup recipes.)

1 lb. sausage
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 c. beef broth
1/2 c. water
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chopped tomatoes
1 c. thinly sliced carrots
1/2 tsp. basil leaves
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. sliced zucchini
2 c. cheese tortellini
3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Parmesan cheese

Brown sausage. Saute' onion and garlic then add to sausage. Add beef broth, water, tomatoes, carrots, seasonings and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Then add zucchini, tortellini and parsley. Cover and simmer 30-40 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese on top.

In college, my roommates (Brooke & Emilee) and I made these yummy popcorn treats all the time. I just dusted off my popcorn popper last week and made these, my family loved them! They're WAY healthy! ;)

Spook’s Popcorn


1 1/3 c. sugar
1 ½ c. miniature marshmallows
½ c. corn syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
6 Tbsp. butter
dash of salt
4 quarts popped popcorn

Mix popcorn, salt and marshmallows in a large mixing bowl. Melt butter in a small saucepan and add sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil, stirring and simmer 3 minutes. Add vanilla and mix well. Pour over popcorn and marshmallows and mix to evenly coat popcorn. You can shape into popcorn balls if you’d like.

Carmello Corn
(This literally takes 5 minutes to make, and is so yummy!)

½ c. margarine (1 stick)
½ c. brown sugar
1 c. miniature marshmallows
3 quarts popped popcorn

Heat margarine, brown sugar and marshmallows until melted and well blended. Pour over popcorn.

That's all...just thought I'd share!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh yum! I love new recipes. We might have to try the popcorn one for FHE tonight. Thanks!

Mark said...

I am sick about the Angie news!

Brooke said...

Yay for good recipes. I have to say that I bombed the Carmello recipe this weekend....I think it was because of the hard expired marshmallows....

Mary said...

Will you make these for me for dinner tonight??? Sounds really good!

Julie said...

Mark, I can't believe Mary told you about Angie. I really don't think she wanted anyone to know. I hope she doesn't find out that I told you guys!

Emilee said...

I can't wait to try the soup- it looks delicious & it's even cooling off enough here to enjoy soup!

Kris said...

Great ideas. Since Kecia is out of town I am doing the cooking this week. Some spook's popcorn and carmello corn should make a good dinner tonight. Might be the best meal we eat all week.

Chereebee said...

Thanks for all the recipes - they all sound so YUMMY!!!
I will definitely be trying them all!