Okay, can I just say how much I loath shopping for jeans. I hate everything about it. My body is completely out of wack after 3 kids and my deepest fear is that it will never return. Now I didn't expect my baby weight to just fall off like it did after I had Halle, but a girl needs a wardrobe that doesn't consist primarily of sweats and elastic waist pants. So in attempts to remedy this problem I tackled the horrific task of jean shopping. I took all the necessary steps to make it as pleasant as possible. I left all 3 kids home with Tucker, I got in the car and found that perfect song on my ipod that you can't help but sing at the top of your lungs to (surprisingly, it wasn't a Hannah Montana or High School Musical song). I was feeling pretty good. I even got a front row parking spot. All signs pointed to a very good shopping experience. Well it wasn't! I went to 3 different stores, tried on no less than 10 pair of pants at each store and found nothing that looked even remotely socially acceptable. If that's not a reason to be thrown into the depths of postpartum depression, I don't know what is! Here is my problem, well problems...
- Still have 15 lbs to lose.
- Gained weight in places I've never gained weight before, thus resulting in not knowing how to shop for that perfect pair of jeans.
- Being only 5'3" makes every pair of jeans approximately 5 inches too long.
- My budget doesn't exactly have room for designer jeans that apparently make any body type look fabulous.
- Don't want to spend major $$$ on a pair of pants that hopefully won't fit me in a couple months...wishful thinking, I know!
Okay...vent over!
13 comments:
Oh my goodness, can I tell you how well you just summed up my feelings (about jeans at least) for the last year! Well, everything except for them being too long. This subject is the exact reason why I went into hyperdrive for a while to lose the last 15 lbs. I did lose 10, the last 5 are REALLY stubborn! I am in desperate need of new jeans currently, but because of the reasons you mentioned I continue to wear ones that I hate or don't fit right or are totally out of style. Oh well, who really sees me enough to notice besides my kids!?! SOOOOO frustrating though.
-k- you are a nerd! You seriously look so good!!! Give yourself a break - you just BARELY had a baby!!!
To be honest, when I saw you yesterday picking up Halle I thought "Gee, she sure looks awesome, she's just dropping the weight so fast and she has no tummy!!!" SERIOUSLY.
Give yourself time - those last 15 lbs will drop before you know it.
The key is really what you eat - in my opinion :)
Julie, you do look great---but it's still frustrating!! Right now I have one pair that fits because I'm totally in the "in between" phase. It stinks.
OK, I saw you like a week after you had Avery and you had on jeans! AND, you looked great! If you want to go jean shopping, call me. I still have an extra 10 pounds and my baby turns 2 next month. That should make you feel really great!
Julie, I still feel this way & Caitlyn is 10 1/2 months old now. I'm guessing that it's a never ending process.
I will agree with Cheree and Mary-With Cheree-you are a nerd because you look amazing and have lost the weight incredibly fast!With Mary-i feel the same stupid feelings towards jeans! The process of finding one pair, let alone more that one is horrifying and depressing! You look great anyway and really sometimes I thing who cares because until we are done having kids it just starts over the vicious cycle again!
I have the same problem with my shirts. My biceps are so big and growing so fast it is hard to find shirts with sleeves that will fit over my arms. That is why you mostly see me in tanktops.
Hey Mark, where do you buy your tank tops? I've been wanting to get some for Tucker.
Due to my muscles, I have to buy mine at the big and tall store.
This is another good example of why you should look into adult leotards. Then you wouldn't have to wear jeans at all. I think I might have just solved every women's jeans problem.
Julie - here is your answer: http://www.truejeans.com/jeans/
Kecia - I can't help it if I know a lot about the fashion industry.
Mark, only you could spend $213 on a pair of jeans! That website only made me more depressed thanks!
Sounds like someone needs some "mommy time"
Post a Comment