My dad has had the opportunity to serve on the committee for the Draper Temple Open House. He compiled a list of comments from the comment cards they have received from those visiting the open house. I enjoyed reading them all and thought I'd share some of them.• My husband and I are preparing to be sealed to one another. We are thankful for the opportunity to visit the temple. The Spirit was so strong; it was hard to part from the sealing room. What a great source of added strength, peace and love.
• It was wonderful!! I felt the Spirit so much. Thank you for letting me have this opportunity. I thought a lot about my patriarchal blessing.
• This has been such a beautiful experience for my husband and sons. They felt the spirit and I’m so grateful that they were able to see what is inside a temple.
• It was wonderful. I felt the Spirit. It was a great birthday.
• You can just feel the Spirit in every room.
• This is what people are looking for – inner peace. The peace one finds in the temple is what people really want.
• I was excommunicated from the church several years ago & was rebaptised 3years ago and look forward to the day that I can return to the temple again. I felt the Spirit here today. Thank you.
• This is the most well organized and reverent temple open house that I have ever attended (which is several)and my husband and I really felt the special Spirit. Thank you!
• It has been about 10 years since I last walked inside a temple. It has a great feeling of peace, love and beauty. I am grateful for the experience.
• This is a magnificent building. I could tell that it is accepted by the Lord because I could feel Him there. You are so blessed to have such a beautiful temple.
• It was so amazing. My 2 year old kept saying that she could here Jesus. I was so struck by the feeling that it was really the house of God.
• It was beautiful. My 4 year old said she thought about Jesus. All of the paintings help to draw your mind toward Him.
• I have never felt such beautiful peace. When I was in the celestial room I felt like I never wanted to leave. Thank you for this amazing opportunity to feel close to the Lord…to feel this way.
• Very well done. My kids were so excited to come they could hardly sleep.
• We loved it. My six year old said she loved it so much that she wished she could live there. The Spirit was strong.
• My husband and I along with our 4 children were sealed in the Provo Temple December 15th. They are 15, 12, 10, and 8. It was great to have them in the temple again so soon!
• As we entered the celestial room, my two children ages 5 & 11 whispered to me, “Dad, I feel different in this room.” The temple is beautiful and we loved the tour.
• Overwhelming! Can’t believe it’s finally here. I’m so happy to have our own temple. Incredible experience for our children. Thank you.
• Our son died three years ago and it was good for the other children to have this experience and renew the eternal family concept for them. Thank you – thank you!
• The only thing more beautiful then the temple was the look of awe in my children’s eyes.
• What a wonderful opportunity! Today is Melissa’s birthday. She passed away when she was 5. Today she would be 16 and we felt her very close!
• I was excommunicated 10 years ago and am trying to come back. This made it crystal clear how much I’ve lost in my life without the temple.
• My mother is not a member. She came with me and observed that not only was the building beautiful and everyone wonderful, but why did it feel so incredible? What was the cause? I have waited over 20 years to hear her say something like that.
• I think my wife wants to be baptized after coming!
Comments from Those of Other Faiths:
• The temple was very exotic. The beauty took my breath away. The sealing room was probably one of the most peaceful places I have ever been.
• You thought of everything! So thoughtful, considerate, spiritual, warm & friendly.
• This was my first opportunity to visit a temple. The baptismal font especially moved me. (Presbyterian)
• Wonderful. Gave me a great insight to LDS. Showed me some of the pitfalls of my faith and religion. (Catholic)
• I felt the heart warming love of our Heavenly Father. The bride’s dressing room really gave me a lot of feelings. (Tongan)
• Today I had all intentions of distancing myself from my family, but walking in these holy places and watching the video, I decided to understand and accept my family how they are. Thank you Lord for your Spirit.
• We were so touched by the number of children here, with parents anxious to teach them about the temple. When we were at the baptismal font and looked toward the chapel, there were 9 or 10 little children with faces and hands against the glass looking at the font. Truly a glimpse of heaven.
• Very beautiful. The sealing room was my favorite-the mirrors are amazing. (Jewish)
• The celestial room was the greatest room I have ever seen in my unfinished life. (Rustafarian)
• I am a Theology Student and have studied the Mormon Faith for 12 years. Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to tour one of your temples. It was a once in a lifetime experience!!
• I’m not very religious, but when I walked into the Baptistery I felt my breathing change. I felt whole, at peace. Thank you. (Undecided)
6 comments:
How neat to read these comments! Thanks for sharing them. This made me excited to take my kids next week!
Wow! That's really neat. My parents served as ushers out there. I took our young women and my family to tour the temple. It really is a beautiful place!
this was so neat to read! It made me want to go again! It was so neat to be able to take the kids! Thanks for sharing!
That was so cool to read! Great post
Those comments are amazing! Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment