Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

Our day started with a fun PJ's & Pancakes primary party for the whole family. It was nice to have something already planned for us and even better, I didn't have to make breakfast. We ate lots of pancakes and played lots of fun games.

We had a quiet afternoon and then went and visited my parents and took them some valentine's the kids had made for them. Grandma Marianne had big Valentine bags for each of them. She never disappoints on holidays! Thanks, Mom!

I told Tucker that I didn't really want to go out on Valentines. It would be a lot more fun going out another week when we wouldn't have to wait hours to get dinner somewhere. So we decided to have a last minute Valentine party, and invited Kyra, Adrie & Bree to join us.

The kids had Papa Murphy's Heart Shaped Pizza for dinner, and I made Turkey Burgers for Tucker and I.

After dinner, we played Valentine Bingo.



Then the girls helped me make & decorate these yummy sugar cookie bars. They're my favorite.

Eating them is always the best part!

Bree sure loved them!

Avery & Bree had fun playing in the toy room.

The Bree & Avery Band

The girls spent lots of time making Valentine's for each other and their parent's...

While Tucker & Aidan played Rock Band.

It turned out to be a VERY fun night. We might have to do it again next year! Thanks, Kecia, for letting your girls party with us!

Tucker did surprise me with this...
This GIANT fortune cookie was delivered on Friday. The little message on the inside was a sweet poem he had written for me. I loved it!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Ooooh, what a LOVE-ly day. :) Ha ha. I still need to make those sugar cookies and that huge fortune cookie is awesome! Way to go, Tucker!

kecia said...

Ok first of all why the heck are you thanking me?!! You saved me and my family emergency that night by keeping the girls! I REALLY OwE you one! You got such cute pictures too! I love the ones of Bree and Avery playing! So cute! Thanks again!!!

Woodbury Fam said...

Wow! You know how to pack in all the fun between Valentines and Halle's birthday.
What fun ideas, and those donuts look so good.

Mary said...

The fortune cookie is great! Nice work, Tucker. I bet your kids had so much fun on V-day with their buds (much more than mine, oh well)! Cute pics too.