Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Halle

Today my little girl is 6 years old!

Halle was born 10 days before her due date. On Feb 10th around 10PM I started having contractions. I started timing them and quickly realized they were about 5 minutes apart. Around 11 o'clock I woke Tucker up and told him I think we needed to go to the hospital. In his half asleep state he told me to go to sleep and maybe they'd go away. I don't think he really registered what I was telling him. I finally convinced him that I was in A LOT of pain and we were quickly up and trying to think of what we needed to take with us. We finally got to the hospital around 11:30. After they checked me and got me hooked up to some monitors, I threw up all over the floor so they quickly moved me to a new room. After I got my epidural I was feeling much better and actually fell asleep for a little while. Just before 5AM the nurse came in to check me again and said I was at a 10. My doctor was already there with 2 other patients and so he came in and I pushed once and at 5:01 AM on Feb. 11th, Halle Grace was born....and just like that, we were parents!

Halle was the easiest baby. She was always happy and still is the happiest girl, always smiling and making me laugh. (You can see more pictures of Halle growing up, HERE).

Yesterday I asked Halle if she did everything she wanted to do while she was 5! She thought about it for a while and then said, "Yep, I guess I did!"
I think 6 is already the new 5!

A few things on her birthday agenda (at her request):
*Bring pink donuts to her class at school
*Go swimming after school
*A trip to Build-a-Bear as a family
*Eat dinner at Wingers
*Have cake & open presents

Hope you have a great day, Hal! We love you!

18 comments:

ashley said...

Happy Birthday Halle. I didn't know she shared a birthday with Chloe. You guys are going to have a way funner day than us. Although now I want to go to build a bear. Why do I love that place? Have a super fun day!

Emilee said...

You are not old enough to be the mother of a 6 year old! Have a fun day- I'm loving the idea of swimming in February- go Halle!

Lindsay Kay said...

Happy Birthday Halle aka mini Grandpa Dave! She is adorable and I can't believe how fast she has grown! Have a fabulous day!

Ash said...

Fun to read about the excitement at her birth! She is such a sweetheart!

Linds Forrest said...

I can't believe she is 6! WOW!! She looks so pretty. Have a fun day!

Linds Forrest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linds Forrest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linds Forrest said...

I can't believe she is 6! WOW!! She looks so pretty. Have a fun day!

kecia said...

She looks SO old in that picture! I love the scarf! She is such a doll! We are so glad we know her! I hate you that you only pushed once with her delivery though-like I have said before you are meant to have lots of kids! Happy Birthday cute Halle! We love you!

DeDee said...

What a cutie! Too old, too fast!(I Love birth stories. Thanks!)

Brooke said...

Hope Halle has the happiest of birthdays!! She's one of our favorite gals. :) I agree with Kecia--you should have about 14 kids. :) :) :)

Kirsten said...

Happy Birthday Halle! She is so sweet and I love that you dress her in my favorite color all the time-GREEN! It's so great to have you as a cousin!

Chereebee said...

Happy birthday cute Halle!! She is seriously one of the sweetest, happiest little girls I know! Hope you have a great day!! We miss you!

Aly said...

Happy Birthday to that cute Halle! She is such a doll!!

Todd and Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Halle! She is such a doll. I remember being pregnant with you (only I got really huge and you didn't even though I was due like 3 months before you!) You are such a fun mom, and so creative! I just read the potty post about Aidan---the sucker chart is a great idea. I'm gonna have to steal that one. Oh, and thanks for the apple dip recipe. I have made it 4 times now. Yep. I have no self control.

Woodbury Fam said...

Happy Birthday Halle! She has moved on to two hands now. This is a serious step in life. I loved her birthday to do list. it was so cute.

Mary said...

Thanks for the swimming par-tay - Sadie had a blast! Halle is such a cutie, we just love her. Hope it was a GREAT day for all of you!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday to Halle! She's such a cute girl. It's hard to believe she's already six. I hope she had a great day.