Ward Nativity
Every year our ward does a very short nativity outside. We sing a few Christmas songs, they read from Luke 2, and we have hot chocolate and treats. It's usually FREEZING cold, this year it was very pleasant.

Book Club Christmas Get Together
My Book Club got together on Thursday. We didn't discuss the book this time because its a REALLY long one so we decided to take 2 months to read it. We met at Zupas for dinner and exchanged some fun gifts. We then went to see the movie, Four Christmases. It had funny moments but I think we all were less than impressed. After the movie, we decided to head over to Village Inn (the only close place still open) for hot chocolate and pie. It was fun to ring in my b-day at midnight with these fun ladies! We missed you, Liz, Kari and Tracey!
We call this the "Turtle Down" picture! :)

My 30th Birthday
Because my birthday gift this year was my trip to Pheonix, I really wanted to spend the day with my family. I don't really like cake so I told Tucker not to even bother getting me one. My family is celebrating mine and my brothers birthday this week so I'm sure I'll still get to blow out my 30 candles! Thanks to everyone for all the fun birthday wishes. It really made my day!
That night we took the kids to see the Elves at Gardner Village. They love seeing the witches there at Halloween, but we'd never seen the Elves before. They loved it. We printed out an Elf Hunt list and had to track down 12 of the elves and then they got to pick a treat from the Candy Shop. It was cold, but we had a great time finding and seeing all the cute elves.
After our elf hunt we stopped in the Bakery and had soup, cheese bread and hot chocolate! So yummy!


Halle & Aidan were checking the "Naughty" & "Nice" lists for their names but couldn't find them on either one. I'm pretty sure Santa hasn't made up his mind yet which one they'll be on.

Festive Christmas Party
Saturday night we went to dinner at Asian Star with Kris & Kecia, Mark & Mark, and Brooke & Jaden as we did for my birthday last year. This time we made it a little more entertaining and dressed in our "finest" Christmas attire.
Following a yummy dinner, we went back to Mark & Mary's home for dessert, laughs and a small photo shoot. Enjoy!


Decorating Gingerbread Houses
We had the annual gingerbread house night on Sunday with Tucker's family. This tradition usually happens on Thanksgiving Night but some of the family was out of time this year. The kids look forward to this every year, and although its messy and at times frustrating, they always have fun. This year our house actually made it home without falling apart.



Now with just 16 days left until Christmas I can get caught up with the last few things I haven't done yet...christmas cards, neighbor gifts, oh and the WRAPPING! At least the shopping is all done!


















14 comments:
Oooooh, fun stuff!!! What a great way to kick off December, you little party animal! We'll have to go see the elves, I love that scavenger hunt idea. Your gingerbread house looks great too! Saturday night was delightful as well, we looked HOT.
Could you get any cuteR? Holy crap Julie! You truly are an amazing Mom, friend, and person!! Is that purple jacket the one you got in AZ? It's super cute!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And I hope the rest of the month is great!
I love the hat on Avery-I need to have Bree wear hers more often-it is so cute! Lots of cute pictures-especially our date night-thanks for the laughs!! Happy Birthday agian!
-k- what a dang fun december you've had!!! And holy crap - those christmas sweaters!!!! I just about peed my pants when I saw those pictures - I love that you guys had a photoshoot!! How dang fun!!! You guys just kill me! I love Tuckers pants!
Did you guys get your lovely attire at DI??
Viewing the picture of you trimming the tree makes me want to violently push you into it.
You've had lots of fun stuff going on. I LOVE the festive Christmas outfits. I have a cute picture of Halle from gigngerbread night. I'll send it to you. She's got her mouth open like one of Judy's angels. Funny stuff!
You have been busy and I think the pictures of us turtling our necks turned out great! I also love the sweaters, I need one for Friday night, I may need to call...
Sorry I missed your birthday- I was thinking of it a few weeks ago, but it slipped my mind last week! Looks like a perfect start to the holidays- you busy lady! And I think your plaid vest is pretty darn close to Brooke's sweatshirt!
You're right the first week of December is always the busiest! What's with that? I'm sure having your birthday thrown in there doesn't help either. However, what fun you guys have had. That picture of Avery in her little hat couldn't be cuter!! I'm still laughing picturing you in your great festive wear. I think that will have to become part of the Asian Star tradition!!!
I really need to write one of these blogs soon. I am impressed you found the time with all these fun things going on. Enjoy the last 2 weeks until Christmas. maybe it will calm down some. Oh and I love the outfits (except how did Kris get off.)
I REALLY hope you're wearing that vest to the Christmas Party tomorrow night...
I'm jealous that you're done with your shopping. We're not! I love your outfits for that Christmas party. Too funny. Oh, Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're 30! We're excited to see you all soon! I'll call you in the next few days and we'll figure out the details.
Julie-- I'm loving the Christmas outfits!!!
Ok-- you got me-- I ended up posting a pic. of me and the new 'do!!
I totally think you should go dark!!
It's such a refreshing change!!
And-- Thanks for stopping by!!!
Kaydee (*aka Mrs. F*)
Post a Comment