Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas morning started about 7:30...I was really hoping the kids would sleep in a little longer, but they were up and REALLY excited to see if Santa came to our house. We opened up presents and put things together and stayed in our jammies until about 10 o'clock. Grandma Judy & Grandpa Gary came over to see what fun things Santa had brought.

Halle's reaction to Christmas morning.

Halle was really excited to give everyone their presents that she had picked out and bought on her own at the Santa Shop at school. She also made a really cute board game in her class that we opened that morning also.

This year Tucker and I both got our gifts early. Tucker finally got his Apple TV that he's been wanting for a VERY long time. My gift was our big family portrait we had taken last month.


Halle's favorites:
a Barbie Throne

a I Can Play Keyboard

Baby Alive (its been on her list for the last 2 years!)

and lots of barbies, including this Hannah Montana Holiday Barbie (top of her list this year).

Avery's favorites:
cute pink rocking chair

a piano
a Cabbage Patch doll

a little people barn

and a Busy Ball Choo Choo

Aidan's favorites:
Pirate Ship

Tool Bench


Mikey camera

Batman figures
(This small gift was definitely his favorite. He opened it up and played with it all day. He said he didn't need all the other presents just this one.)

We also got some fun games and movies.

We spent the rest of the day at my parents house opening more presents and stockings. We ate some yummy breakfast sandwiches (for lunch) and munched on yummy goodies all day. We played lots of games and watched movies and enjoyed hanging out together. Both my parents have had a rough year with health issues and we are grateful they were both feeling well enough to enjoy the holidays with us.

It was a great Christmas...I can't believe its all over!

8 comments:

Emilee said...

You are WAY too on the ball for me! I love seeing the excited looks on the kids' faces on Christmas morning- looks like a perfect day.

kecia said...

First of all I hate you that you are already all caught up on all this blogging! second I LOVE the picture of Halle's reaction! I wish I would have caught one that good! All the festivities look so fun and the kids look darling in their matching sweaters on Christmas Eve!

Chereebee said...

-k- Halle face in that first pic is priceless - I love it!!! Looks like your kids got some fun things for christmas! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family portrait that you got - it turned out great of all of you!! Glad you had a great christmas!

Mary said...

What fun Christmas posts! Looks like all the gifts were a hit - and what great festivities too. You are definitely a nicer "Santa" than I am for finally giving in on Baby Alive! I'm so glad all went well and you didn't have sick kids this year!!!

PS Will you blog my whole month of Dec for me?

Kristine Watterson said...

Hey Dansie Family! I am an old friend of Tucker's and I found your blog (obviously)! Your family is so beautiful, I hope that it isn't stalkerish if I look at your blog! Have a great New Years Eve!
Kristine Lowe Watterson

Mark said...

Can i get a copy of that family portrait?

Natalie said...

Halle's excited face made me giggle. Isn't it great to see the excitement and magic of Christmas through the eyes of your kids? I love the pink rocking chair. I'm glad the tool set was a success. ;)

Brooke said...

Looks like your Christmas was Merry! :) Fabulous job documenting the event and even more fabulous job blogging about it already. Like Mary said, wanna do my Dec. blog catch up??? Pretty please????

I love how your family portrait turned out! You all look mah--velous.