Sunday, December 21, 2008

Avery at 15 Months


I haven't done an update about Avery for a while so I thought I'd write down a few things she's doing these days. I took her in for her 15 month check up last week. She's only weighing in at 20 lbs. 6 oz. (putting her in only the 15th %tile). She spends 80% of her day running around so I guess she's burning some serious calories...I should really follow her lead on that!

Some other things she's doing right now:

*She talks quite a bit saying things like; Bye-Bye, Thank You, Night-Night, please, milk, juice, Baby, Uh-oh, Mom, Dad, Avery, Halle, Ball, Pretzel, All Done/Gone, shoes, book, doggie, No-No, snack, peek-a-boo.

*She gets into EVERYTHING: garbage cans, pantry, drawers, cupboards, laundry baskets.

*She can often be found carrying a bag of pretzels or box of cereal around the house.

*She loves her blanket (this is new in the last few weeks).

*She's made me call poison control twice now (2 more times than I ever called for my other 2 kids). She drank Mr. Clean and ate Dishwasher Tablets.


*She loves putting on any shoes she finds laying around the house.

*She eats ALL day, or whines because I'm not feeding her.

*She loves to dance to music and carries Tucker's iPOD around the house.

*She's got a secret stash some where in the house where she hides things...my wedding ring, TV remotes, shoes, toys, keys. We haven't found the stash yet.

I still haven't figured out if she's WAY more busy and into things than Halle & Aidan ever were OR if its just the 3rd child that makes it impossible to keep up with her. Either way, we love her to pieces.

9 comments:

ashley said...

Reading this I kept thinking, really at 15 months. She seems so grown up. I can't believe that will be Chloe in 4 1/2 short months.

Brooke said...

She's so cute. I love how busy she is. She has lots of things to do!!! :)

Rebecca said...

This sounds like Emily!!! (poison control, gets into everything, etc.) I think it's a bit of the 3rd child syndrome. So cute!!

Prilla said...

Oh I hope it's not a 3rd child thing. If so I'm in for it.

My guess for the secret hiding spot is the toilet. For some reason kids love to put stuff in there. Sorry. I hope that's really not the spot though and you find the stuff soon.

Lindsay Kay said...

It really must be a third child thing where they love to do all the things that the other two didn't do. Shae or Audrey never colored with crayons on anything but paper but Eliza will color on anything - even the leather bench with pen.:) (We love them right?!?) She especially loves to increase her intensity when I come near her. Avery is adorable and I can't wait to get Eliza and her together to see what mischief they can get into!

Linds Forrest said...

She is such a babe!! And a little gal, how cute!

kecia said...

i love little avery! She is so cute! I can't believe how many words she can say-wow! what a cutie!

Natalie said...

She's a doll. It's hard to believe she's 15 months already. Sounds like she keeps you on your toes.

Woodbury Fam said...

How cute is she?! As crazy as it is, this is such a fun age. And I can totally relate.