Thursday, December 6, 2007

Another Year Older

In the past few weeks I've had 3 different people ask if Avery is my first baby. When I told them "No, she's my 3rd!" They were really surprised and immediately asked how old I am. I've never really looked my age and I guess the older I get the more I appreciate the fact that I look younger than I really am. I turned 29 yesterday! That sounds so old...I know its not, but 29 always looked older to me than I how I feel, if that makes any sense!

I spent the morning running errands while Halle was at preschool. I got a surprise delivery that afternoon. Tucker sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers home. I love getting flowers! They're so pretty!



That night we went to dinner at the Asian star with our friends Brooke & Jaden, Kris & Kecia, and Mark & Mary. It was really fun and we ate lots of yummy food. It was a fun birthday!

Not my best picture, but I couldn't convince Tucker to take another one. He LOVES getting his picture taken!!



Mark & Mary were so thoughtful and gave Brooke & I a really fun present. (Brooke's birthday is next week.) We got "autographed" pictures of Dick Norse. It's probably one of my very favorite birthday gifts EVER! If you're interested in learning more about the story behind this gift, I highly recommend checking out Mary's blog!



Tucker was more than happy to take a picture of all of us!


We're celebrating with my family on Sunday because it's my brothers birthday, too! I requested a mint chocolate cake from Glaus bakery. I can hardly wait!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you had a nice birthday. I absolutely love Asian Star. So yummy! I'm completely jealous of your Dick Nourse picture. Some people are so lucky!

Brooke said...

Gotta love the Dick Nourse framed photo. Mine is {not} displayed prominently in my house. I'm still thinking about all that good food....

And excuse me, MINT CHOCOLATE CAKE?!?!? Never heard of such a thing. Save me a piece or two!!

Would you mind emailing me those pics too?!? Thanks!

Chereebee said...

HAPPY HAPPY B-DAY!!!! Glad you had a fun birthday!!! I still need to bring you over your present :)

Mark said...

I was anxious to see who would be the first to blog about dinner last night. I was betting on Kris, so congrats on being the first.

Brooke - if this is the way you act about Dick, this is the last time I will ever give you a present!

Mary said...

I'm offended about Brooke's comment. That gift was given out of love!

Brooke, if you'd like to see pictures of the mint chocolate cake check out Jane's B-day post on my blog. It's the best thing EVER!

I think I ate a little too much last night - I look prego! Darn. Thanks for the fun time and Happy Birthday again!

Lindsay Kay said...

Happy Birthday Jules! Looks like you have had an eventful few months as well! (Go back to Sept. posts on my blog.) I'm glad that my memory was working yesterday - now we can catch up on each other! PS You have adorable kids and you look amazing!
hansenrocks.blogspot.com

BS and the Kids said...

I forgot our birthdays were so close and we both turned 29. I know exactly how you feel and what you are saying. Looks like a party!!!