Saturday, December 29, 2007

Only 361 More Days

Last night Halle asked me how many more days until next Christmas. It comes faster every year and just as quick, its over! What a blur the last few days have been. We had a really great Christmas and we've really enjoyed the time we've been able to spend together with Tucker being off work all week. Wednesday is going to be a big slap back to reality when life goes back to our "normal" routines! I'll see if I can do a quick recap of our holiday festivities without writing a novel...


Christmas Eve started out with our Annual Christmas Breakfast with Tucker's family. It's honestly the only day of the year where I splurge on breakfast. The scones and omelets are always a huge hit. I usually stop counting after the 3rd scone. We exchanged presents with the families and Grandma & Grandpa gave a gift to each grandchild and the honorary pecan logs were passed out. All the cousins had such a great time running around and playing together. It was a really fun morning and such a great way to start our Christmas. This year Chris & Steph's family gave us this Cranium Super Fort.

The kids (Tucker included) have had so much fun building different forts, its already provided hours of entertainment.


Christmas Eve night we spent with my family. My dad provided a nice little Christmas message and Halle & I sang a little ditty (and no, I don't sing). We ate some yummy food and then I proceeded to give my kids their cute Christmas jammies. No, I don't have any cute pictures of this because just as Aidan got all snug and cozy in his he threw up all over them. What a treat that was. We called it a night and drove home with a bucket in tow just in case. Then Avery had a major blowout and pooped all over her cute white and red snowflake jammies. So much for the Christmas jammies this year. They joined Aidan's jammies in the washer and those 2 kids went to bed. Halle and I put out the cookies and egg nog for Santa, checked the Santa tracker and then she was off to bed. I was only up until about 1 o'clock this year and between Aidan and Avery I don't think I slept much...it was a long night.

Christmas morning arrived not quite as early as previous years. Halle was so excited to see if Santa liked her cookies and the egg nog we left out. We enjoyed watching the kids open their presents and had a couple minutes to look at the toys before being wisked off to Grandma & Grandpa's house...its just not right to flaunt all these fun new toys and then leave them sitting in an empty house all day. Santa left more presents for my kids at Grandma Marianne's house. We enjoyed spending time with my family and relaxing and EATING more yummy foods. We came home that evening and reunited with the new toys while Grandma Judy & Grandpa Gary came to see what Santa had brought. They enjoyed watching Halle & Tucker singing karaoke to the High School Musical Wii game that Halle got. It was a long day but fun to be with our families.

We've had a fun week of playing with new toys, going to the Bee movie, shopping the post holiday sales (I got cute new stockings and equally cute ornaments for my tree!), playing games with my siblings, EATING, attending the Margetts Family christmas extravaganza and just enjoying the down time at home. Yesterday Tucker took Aidan to the doctor where he was diagnosed with 2 ear infections and Bronchiolitis. Clearly he loves his little sister too much as she is now sick too! 'Tis the season!

Well I won't share all 265 pictures that I've taken the last few days but I was able to capture a few good moments...enjoy!

Christmas Dresses...




It was a High School Musical Christmas for Halle



Aidan was equally excited about his Bob the Builder movie



Avery trying out Halle's new doll bunk beds!



Now Aidan can shave just like dad!



Halle & I taking a picture of each other...she was only slightly disappointed that it wasn't pink! :)



Aidan jamming with his Bee Bop Band



Avery content as usual in her car seat!



Avery's links spell her name...they're so cute!



The Chritmas Aftermath...I want my clean house back!


Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. Just think, we get to do it all again in just 361 days! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun and pleasant Christmas (minus the barfing and pooping)! Next year we'll have to take pictures of our matching Christmas trees and stockings. :) I'll get you the pics from the Margetts extravaganza once I upload them to my computer...have a fun day!

Mary said...

The girls look SO cute in the Christmas dresses, I'm so glad you ended up getting them! Too bad about the puke/poo, I was just waiting for both of those things to happen to us too, usually they do on big holidays! Other than that, looks like Christmas was a success - good work!

Emilee said...

Sounds like such a FUN holiday! I think the Christmas puke hit everyone everywhere this year- triple yuck for me! The girls look priceless in their dresses!

Chereebee said...

ok, LOVE all these pictures! The kids look so cute in their christmas outfits! I LOVE Aidan shaving and playing his drum - too cute!!
Bailee has kinda the same jammies as Halle except Bailee's are the purple snowman.
Glad you're liking your YUMMY lotion:)

Natalie said...

I love your Christmas pictures. I seriously need to get with the High School Musical bandwagon. Maybe I'll have to come over and watch it with Halle. I'm sorry Aidan was sick. 'Tis the season for sick kids. The girls' dresses are darling. Aidan shaving cracks me up. I am completely jealous of your Cranium Fort. That looks like tons of fun Merry Chrismtas to you guys. My kids are already asking when it will be Christmas again. Not soon enough if you ask me!