Saturday, September 29, 2007

Coughs, Yellow Day & Painting

I hate coughs! They are so annoying and last forever. Even if your kids feel fine, a stupid cough makes you feel like you can't take them any where. Yesterday Halle woke up with a pretty bad cough, so I decided to keep her home from preschool. She was really sad cause it was Yellow Day and she really wanted to go. So we had our own Yellow Day at home instead.

For breakfast, we had scrambled eggs, a banana and yellow milk. She wanted to wear a yellow shirt still, but ended up changing after spilling her yellow milk.


Then she went around the whole house taking pictures of anything YELLOW. (Surprisingly, we have a lot of yellow things!) Those pictures aren't very exciting, but it kept her entertained for quite some time.

She wanted to practice her letters, so she learned to write the word yellow.


Then we made banana pudding and ate it for an after lunch snack.


That pretty much wrapped up our yellow day, Halle loved doing yellow things. We tried to get Aidan to participate, but he didn't really seem to care. He was just doing his own thing. Halle decided that Yellow day was just for us girls! She wanted Avery to wear a yellow shirt too, but unfortunately her wardrobe doesn't have much variety yet!

Today we painted. Why is it that painting is always more fun in theory? After about 15 minutes, I always decide it's not as great as I think it will be. It always takes so much longer than you think it will. Tucker's dad came in the morning and ripped the carpet up from the spare room down stairs that will be our new office. I put Aidan down for his nap after lunch and thought we could get most of it done while he was sleeping. He decided that an hour long nap was sufficient and Avery decided that needing to be held was necessary. So our painting didn't get as far was we'd planned. Now the kids are in bed, and Tucker is at Home Depot buying another can of paint. We are having carpet installed on Thursday so we're trying to finish it today otherwise we have to do it at night and then we'd miss all our favorite tv shows. That's just not an option.

Halle and Aidan hanging out in the tent while we paint.



Tucker is a better painter than I am!



Well, Tucker's home now. Time to paint! Good night!

4 comments:

Chereebee said...

You are a fabulous mom!!!
Love that you still had a YELLOW day with Halle :)

Emilee said...

I love Halle's hair cut! She looks so grown up! Tell her that I love how well she can write 'yellow'.

Natalie said...

How cute to do a yellow day at home! I'm totally doing that after the next color day at preschool. Of course, my luck it will be "Wear Black Day" or something like that and we won't have any black food...unless I burn it!

Brooke said...

Aren't you the greatest! I need Mom lessons. Tell Halle she wrote "yellow" awesomely. :)