Sunday, September 16, 2007

More Avery

Avery is such a sweet baby and it is so much fun having a baby girl in our home again. For the most part of my pregnancy I felt like I was having a girl and it was a lot of fun going to the hospital Wednesday morning knowing that we'd soon know for sure. The whole thing was such a fun surprise. I had myself so convinced that this baby wasn't going to be coming early at all. I was even preparing myself for going past my due date. So when I started having contractions in the middle of the night I kept telling myself that they'd stop and I'd be able to go back to sleep. Finally at around 5:00 AM, the contractions were more than just uncomfortable and I realized they weren't going to just stop. Aidan must have known something was going on because he decided that 4:30 was a good time to start his day. He came into our bed and probably would have gone back to sleep if his mom wasn't moaning in pain every 10 minutes. Tucker's mom came over around 6:00 and by then Halle was awake, too. We left for the hospital and I thought for sure we'd get there and they'd just send me home; I still couldn't believe that I was in labor. Instead I got there and discovered I was already dilated to 6 cm. Then I sort of panicked thinking there wouldn't be time for me to get an epidural. With both Halle & Aidan, once I was that far along they were born less than an hour later. This time the epidural slowed me down, a little and it wasn't until they broke my water that things really started moving along again. After pushing for a few minutes, we had a baby girl. She is so tiny and fragile...when we left the hospital she was down to 5 lbs. 15 oz. Hopefully she'll gain weight quickly so she won't be swimming in her clothes for very long. Even the preemie diapers are big on her. We had to take her back to the lab for another bilirubin test today, but luckily she's fine and we don't have to put her under lights.

I wanted to share some more pictures...we have taken A LOT but I won't post all of them. Here are some of my favorites...



Halle loved helping give Avery her first bath. The nurse took some really cute pictures of it.



This is Halle's favorite picture...she said Avery stopped crying when she held her hand!








Love this picture!





These next few pictures are so funny...this is Aidan's first reaction to Avery!





Ripping her bow off her head!



Beeping her nose!



Trying to pick her up.





Halle & Aidan hanging out. They quickly realized the hospital isn't fun at all.



Wide eyed and awake!





Avery still hasn't figured out the sleep thing and, like me, she loves to eat. We are remembering what it's like to go through 5 outfits and 15 diapers a day. Halle is realizing that she has to share the princess spotlight and has had a harder time adjusting then I thought she would. Aidan doesn't seem to notice that anything has changed and has been really good. He loves giving her kisses.

It's been a little crazy at times and Tucker is still at home. I'm not sure how I'll manage all this on my own once he goes back to work but, lots of people do it so we'll just take it one day at a time.

Thank you to everyone for calling and emailing...we're so lucky to have so many friends and family that have been so willing to help out.

Well gotta go...its feeding time again. I'll have more to write about later.

13 comments:

Chereebee said...

I'm so glad you posted more pictures!!! Avery is so stinking cute!!! I LOVE the pic of Halle giving her and kiss and the one of Aidan beeping her nose - too cute!!!
Glad to hear things are going well!!

Natalie said...

Great pictures! I love to see how your kids do with a new baby. It's always such a mystery as to how they will react to a new little baby. She's adorable! I need to get Ben & Blake over to see her. Good luck when Tucker goes back to work. Call me and we'll have Halle & Aidan over to play.

Brooke said...

Yay, more pictures!! So cute. I want to come over and snuggle with her again. :) I want to come steal the kids and they can play at my mom's house, I'll call ya. Have a good one!

Mary said...

Julie, thanks for sharing these pictures! They are so cute. My favorite are the ones with Aidan. My kids had similar reactions with Jane. It's funny how the littlest ones just don't really even notice (for a while anyway!). Thinking of you often!

Emilee said...

Oh Julie, what a sweet & preciously perfect little angel! She is so adorable! I love that Halle wants to be so helpful, hopefully it won't wear off. :)

Mark said...

This is making me soooooo baby hungry.

Julie said...

Mark, Mary will be so thrilled to hear you say this. I will be sure to pass on that information.

kecia said...

I love the one of her holding Halle's hand and the one of her with her eyes open-I haven't seen them open yet! She is so adorable and tiny! The picture of the bath brought back memories of watching eveyrone come in and give baths while I was in the adjoining room with Bree. we had a good view of everyone from our little private nursery!

angie said...

Hey Julie. You don't really know me but I went to high school w/ your hubby. I was looking at Brookes blog and saw your cute new baby. Congrats!!! My little girls name is Avarie too!! Spelled different of course, but the same. Such a CUTE name, it is getting more popular. Anyways, my Avarie was 6 lbs 4 oz and 19 1/2 inches long, so really close to yours:) SO FUN!!! Congrats again!!

HayleeBean said...

She is just beautiful. How fun that Halle got to help give her her first bath. So fun. Aiden is such a boy....that's exactly what Easton would do....and does. Hee Hee. I can't believe you have 3 kids....that's just crazy! Oh....and don't worry, they grow quickley.....you'll wish she were back to swimming in her clothes in no time :)

Mary said...

Julie, as much as a LOVE my dear children I'm just starting to feel a little freedom. May I send Mark over to your house for several nights to get him over this craving for newborns he's having?

Julie said...

Mary, I thought for sure you were ready for #4 already! Jane is almost one now isn't she? What's taking you guys so long this time??

Mark said...

I wish you wouldn't ask personal questions about our sex life.