Sunday, August 30, 2009

Naughtiness

I am absolutely certain that in the dictionary next to the word 'naughty' there is a picture of sweet Avery. Probably this one...


Remember when THIS happened?? Well today it was Vicks Vapor Rub. Minutes after taking this freshly clean, and oh so yummy smelling darling girl from the bath she found a jar of vicks vapor rub and proceeded to smear it all over her face, hair and clothes. The majority of it was in her hair and after 3 washings (once with dish soap and another with cornstarch) she still has slicked greasy hair.

Normally items such as Vicks Vapor Rub are not easily accessible to this almost 2 year old, but because of our bathroom remodel I do have a few things such as this in random places...aka my laundry room...on shelves that are just at Avery's eye level. Big mistake. Just the other day I noticed a basket with a jar of this vicks vapor rub and the very jar of vaseline from the previous incident on this shelf and I immediately moved them up where she couldn't reach them. Clearly I was unaware of the fact that I have such an ample supply of this stuff because she found another jar.

It was one of those days where I just went from one big mess to another, and the majority of them involved Avery. Have I mentioned her obsession with taking her diaper off?? She also peed all over the bathroom floor. I know it could have been worse but it was just minutes before leaving for church. I guess I just need to buckle down and get her potty trained before I'm dealing with much worse potty issues!

Good thing she's so darn cute...its hard to stay mad at her when she says, "sorry mommy!"

7 comments:

Woodbury Fam said...

It is true that it is a good thing that they are so cute!

kecia said...

Oh Avery! She just makes me laugh! Yesterday we were saying the very same thing about Bree-it is a good thing they are so cute-so they can get away with it! I love that she says sorry mommy-so cute!!

Natalie said...

Well, Avery and Blake are definitely cousins because there's a whole naughty chapter written about Blake. I told you on Facebook about the vaseline incident. You will look back and laugh eventually though.

Linds Forrest said...

ha ha. What a cute little stinker!

Lindsey said...

I'm looking forward to you potty training her so I can steal your ideas. She is too dang cute.

Ash said...

So funny to hear the mischief! She is a cutie!

Mary said...

Clearly the terrible twos start long before they are two! At least she keeps you on your toes and keeps life interesting. You'd be bored to tears w/out her! (right!)